Feral Rent (funny)

Notacrazycatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, not a question just a funny incident that those who take care of feral colonies might appreciate. I have a small colony of feral cats who reside in Hobo Cat City (also known as my patio). Previously, I found a dead mole just outside of the feeding station. I went :heartshape: and 'accepted' the gift. I joked with friends that it was a rent payment to cover room and board in Hobo Cat City.

Well, I saw a dead rat laying outside the feeding station just now and went to get some paper towels (and my camera) to deal with the latest rent payment. When I got out there, I saw Betty Boop, the youngest of the colony, sniffing around the rat. As soon as she saw me, she grabbed the rat in her mouth and took off running with it. :confused:

I was robbed! No, I am not calling the police to report that a feral cat stole the rent payment left by another feral cat for room and board on my patio. Boop can use that rat more than I could so I hope she enjoys it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Notacrazycatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is funny.. :lol:

I once had a cat called Betty Boop.. 'Boops' for short.
I call her Ms. Boop, or just Boop. She's been coming around a lot when I've got Angus out walking. The other day she laid on the grass in front of him and started swatting toward his face (not making contact) and it looked like she was trying to initiate a play session. The two of them do play together, but usually Angus is the one who initiates it. This was the first time she started it.

Angus has been a great ambassador for me with the ferals. They're much more willing to get closer to me (I don't try to touch them unless they initiate it) since Angus came along.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I call her Ms. Boop, or just Boop. She's been coming around a lot when I've got Angus out walking. The other day she laid on the grass in front of him and started swatting toward his face (not making contact) and it looked like she was trying to initiate a play session. The two of them do play together, but usually Angus is the one who initiates it. This was the first time she started it.

Angus has been a great ambassador for me with the ferals. They're much more willing to get closer to me (I don't try to touch them unless they initiate it) since Angus came along.
:camera:Photos, we need lots and of photos.:camera: :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Notacrazycatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's a picture of Betty Boop with Angus (he's the one in the harness)
View media item 421671She scared the crap out of me last night. I was sitting in the spare room with the new kitten and she jumped up on the air conditioner unit right under the window to that room with some sort of hissing bug in her mouth. It was dark so all I heard were thumps and slapping at the glass. I press my face against the glass and come eye to eye with Ms. Boop and her large bug--probably a June bug.
The rest of my small colony
Ambrose, who is friendly enough to let me pet him and apply monthly flea/tick treatment without losing any skin. He's also the only one who lets Angus groom him (although I wish he wouldn't but that's why he's fully vaccinated and gets Revolution every month like clockwork).
View media item 421668

Myst is the momma for at least half of the ferals in the area--she was perpetually pregnant before I got her trapped and spayed this past spring--I know she's Boop's momma. I named her Myst because for the longest time all I saw of her was a grey streak whenever I opened my door or pulled into my parking spot--very skittish, although she's starting to relax as evidenced by the fact that I got a picture of her.
View media item 421670Clarence is another Tom--he's the grumpy one. He actually hisses at me when I take food out in the morning. He's right at my feet, waiting for me to put it down and hissing. A bit unnerving, but I just follow my normal routine and ignore the noises. I named him Clarence because he looks kind of cross-eyed and made me think of Clarence, the cross-eyed lion for those of you old enough to remember that.
View media item 421665
They're also picky about their food--how bad does a cat food need to be before feral cats won't touch it?

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a picture of Betty Boop with Angus (he's the one in the harness)
View media item 421671She scared the crap out of me last night. I was sitting in the spare room with the new kitten and she jumped up on the air conditioner unit right under the window to that room with some sort of hissing bug in her mouth. It was dark so all I heard were thumps and slapping at the glass. I press my face against the glass and come eye to eye with Ms. Boop and her large bug--probably a June bug.
The rest of my small colony
Ambrose, who is friendly enough to let me pet him and apply monthly flea/tick treatment without losing any skin. He's also the only one who lets Angus groom him (although I wish he wouldn't but that's why he's fully vaccinated and gets Revolution every month like clockwork).
View media item 421668

Myst is the momma for at least half of the ferals in the area--she was perpetually pregnant before I got her trapped and spayed this past spring--I know she's Boop's momma. I named her Myst because for the longest time all I saw of her was a grey streak whenever I opened my door or pulled into my parking spot--very skittish, although she's starting to relax as evidenced by the fact that I got a picture of her.
View media item 421670Clarence is another Tom--he's the grumpy one. He actually hisses at me when I take food out in the morning. He's right at my feet, waiting for me to put it down and hissing. A bit unnerving, but I just follow my normal routine and ignore the noises. I named him Clarence because he looks kind of cross-eyed and made me think of Clarence, the cross-eyed lion for those of you old enough to remember that.
View media item 421665
They're also picky about their food--how bad does a cat food need to be before feral cats won't touch it?
:clap::salam::clap2: Excellent pictures! You have a very lovely family. :heartshape: I remember Clarence the cross-eyed lion, how clever of you. We first saw Gypsy jumping out of out our apartment duster in Spring of 2016. She then started eating the stuff we had thrown down for the birds and squirrels so we started throwing cooked chicken and all beef hot dogs to her. I bought some cheap dry cat food cause I didn'the know how long she would hang around. Lured her up the stairs til she was eating on our 2nd story porch where she first started letting us pet her. She was eating Friskies wet by then. Once she moved inside she turned her nose up at it so I started feeding Sheba til she got finicky again. I tried absolutely everything. She will only eat Fancy Feast Gravey Lovers wet. She free feeds Purina One Hairball formula.

Last edited: