Feral Mom, Babies Weened, Pee? Milk Dry Up?

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a feral mom I'm going to keep. Babies were well and taken last Thursday. She potty's in the LB but mostly at late night but I do awake early to find she's also peed on the large towel surrounding the LB but she peed in LB, too. Should I get a second box? I was thinking she is used to having a wider area although it's a medium/largish box. The urine was a dark color on the towel-don't know what color it s/b.
2. Should I set spay up by next week?
3. She's been de-wormed w/drontel but maybe it should be covered better? And gown a cap star for fleas?
4 what shots must she get as I'm no returning her?
5. Is it ok to give a little real org. bone broth and coconut oil or butter to cats? What amount, if so. She did smash her nose on the trap and will get it looked at during spaying/vet session but I've been reading the coconut oil can be good for wounds.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would definitely set up her spay sooner than later. If she goes outside, she could already be pregnant, so next week is a definitely, I would say.

Another litter box is also definately in order. The rule of thumb is one box per cat, plus an additional box. So if she is your only cat, then you need two boxes, minimum. If that doesn't do the truck, we've got more advise on that score for you. Dark color usually means the urine is pretty concentrated, at least in humans, which typically means they are dehydrated. Not sure if it's the same for cats, and since mine use the boxes exclusively (so far), I can't tell what color their's actually is)

I'd discuss the de-worming and flea/tick control with the Vet when she gets spayed.

Yes, bone broth is great! Also, coconut oil as a wound healer is okay, at least according to certain sources. Just rub a little on her nose. Or use coconut cream if you want. It would be easier to "smear". I wouldn't use butter as a wound healer. I've never heard of it having any curative "powers". Lots of people use Colloidal Silver. It's actually a proven wound healer.

• Purraise
Reactions: RLG
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I read you could give a teaspoon on coconut oil -org. Non gmo ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's inside-not pregnant

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I've heard giving it internally is AOK also.

Good that she's not pregnant, but I would still get her spayed ASAP so she doesn't go into heat again.:wink:

• Purraise
Reactions: RLG