Feral Friend Is Missing...

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Tidbit was just in hiding! They are masters at that! Yay! Yay! Yay! Hugs to you and Tidbit! Giant hugs! Reunion time! Happy dance for everyone! :banana1::bunnydance::woo::dance::banana2::woohoo:

Thank you so much for letting us know! We were all holding out hope that Tidbit would return. That news made my day!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have good news!!!!! I had totally lost hope in Tidbit returning, since today was officially the third week since I'd seen him. So today I drove up to the horse farm and saw a tabby come running out from under the horse trailer and at first I thought it was Mickey who is a brown tabby with similar markings but totally different body type, and sure enough, it was Tidbit!!! I have no idea where he went or why he was gone so long, but he seemed fine! He had a new scratch across his nose that looked a few weeks old, but other than that he looked healthy and OK considering he is an old cat. He's never disappeared for even one day in four years, so almost 3 weeks is a long time. I really thought he was gone forever but today I fed everyone and Tidbit was swatting at the youngsters like he always does. Yaaaayy!!! Happy ending to the story!!!
Best news I've had all day!!!!!!!
Welcome home little guy...and stay put! :yess::yess::yess::yess:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Tidbit was just in hiding! They are masters at that! Yay! Yay! Yay! Hugs to you and Tidbit! Giant hugs! Reunion time! Happy dance for everyone! :banana1::bunnydance::woo::dance::banana2::woohoo:

Thank you so much for letting us know! We were all holding out hope that Tidbit would return. That news made my day!
How do they hide like that????
When my wife hands me a "to do list" I can hide for maybe an hour or so, but somehow when I move a chair from one end of the room to the other, some of the cats (Queen Bee) rush off to some hidden spot and doesn't come out for the entire day. I search (even in stupid places, like in rooms with doors that have been closed and key locked for a century, or in spots she couldn't fit in...I once found myself picking up a tiny little ring box and opening and snapping it shut like she somehow was in there :rolleyes3:)
I'm so glad he's home :grouphug:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do they hide like that????
When my wife hands me a "to do list" I can hide for maybe an hour or so, but somehow when I move a chair from one end of the room to the other, some of the cats (Queen Bee) rush off to some hidden spot and doesn't come out for the entire day. I search (even in stupid places, like in rooms with doors that have been closed and key locked for a century, or in spots she couldn't fit in...I once found myself picking up a tiny little ring box and opening and snapping it shut like she somehow was in there :rolleyes3:)
I'm so glad he's home :grouphug:
You are so right! They can hide in the craziest places. I’ve looked in some impossible places too! One of mine likes to get in drawers! When you open it they look at you like,” close it! I’m sleeping in here!” If you ever do find one in a ring box, please take pictures! :lol:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so happy that you found him! Yes, they do that. I have finally figured out that mine will move around the house as I look for them, which adds another dimension to the game. I am looking in the pantry while they take the opportunity to leave that room and go under the sofa. From the sofa to the closet....closet to bathroom cabinet and so it goes.

FarmersWife24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Barring the horrible scenarios we tend to think of when a loved cat goes missing, cats are independent creatures and some of them prefer to be solitary. Your cat may have gone exploring for a more ideal environment (for that particular cat, not that you're not providing a good home) and decided to stay awhile.

I think our ferals came from the neighbor's farm. They were doing some renovating and in the process of fixing up their barn, they completely emptied it, loose straw and all. Why not go out in search of a better gig? These neighbors just bought the property, so they weren't aware of any colony being there.

My fixed males love to go out and hunt for the day, and one of them has the tendency to become "pals" with ferals, strays, and neighbor cats and he brings them home. Sometimes they hang out for awhile (days, weeks, months) and then take off even though they are all getting along. That's another possibility.

Cats are just that way.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy that you found him! Yes, they do that. I have finally figured out that mine will move around the house as I look for them, which adds another dimension to the game. I am looking in the pantry while they take the opportunity to leave that room and go under the sofa. From the sofa to the closet....closet to bathroom cabinet and so it goes.
You can get the upper hand by mixing up the search I guess lol. Go from closet to bathroom to the closet again! Aha!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The worst was my calico Alix, now deceased. I finally started walking up and down the street calling her, only to find her sitting on a dining room chair when I got back home.