Feral Cat In Coma - Need House Remedies Advise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, if her kidneys are working its always good.

Its good if you manage to take the temp- fever is one danger, but many weak cats has difficult to keep up their body temp. If its noticeably lower than the said - look feks my earleir post - you must actively heat her up....

Massaging her is alwys good. Use a towel if you dont want to use your hand.
Massage keeps the blood flowing and small muscles in shape.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mr Worried

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had difficulty swallowing and made some very erratic jaw moves with the result of losing one of her teeth.- can't describe it better. She puked blood - probably from the lost teeth. Could this be contagious? I constantly find one of her kittens resting by her side.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She had difficulty swallowing and made some very erratic jaw moves with the result of losing one of her teeth.- can't describe it better. She puked blood - probably from the lost teeth. Could this be contagious? I constantly find one of her kittens resting by her side.
I know you don't want to hear this but without vet testing you wouldn't know if it's contagious or not. It could be genetic, a virus, a contagious virus, getting into something poisonous of something else. There's just really no way to know for sure without testing.

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
From what i read, she is not in your house? Is she laying in the grass or does she have a box outside? It would be bad for her to stay outside without protection against more ticks/fleas and the nights can be cold. Sorry to say that...but she is suffering for 2 days. Tomorrow you should do something about it. If you cant get a friend to help you bring her to the vet...i would call the closest shelter, even if it mean euthanasia (sorry for saying that :( ).
You did what you could and she is very sick.

Last edited:

mr Worried

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is outside at my backyard's floor. I managed to lay her on a blanket and I cover her body with towels which I change every few hours. I can't take her inside because as I said I have my pet cat in the house. I fear a lot as it is with transmitting her some virus, and she would raise hell anyways. I know because I tried this before.

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are right about not taking her inside. But tomorrow is the day. Can you call a shelter?

Last edited:

mr Worried

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ι had health issues with strays in the past and I have searched for shelters close by. The thing is that shelters here take in healthy strays, they sterilize and give them shots, and arrange for adoptions. If anyone here is from Athens and knows a shelter that would be willing to deal with such a case, plz tell me

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ι had health issues with strays in the past and I have searched for shelters close by. The thing is that shelters here take in healthy strays, they sterilize and give them shots, and arrange for adoptions. If anyone here is from Athens and knows a shelter that would be willing to deal with such a case, plz tell me
I do think a shelter would be willing to put the cat to sleep. I'm not trying to be mean but the cat has been suffering for two days. It sounded like this has happened before. The shelter could adequately assess and determine what is the most humane thing for the cat.

This might be a place to take her.
Athens Humane Society - Rescue - Adopt - Foster - Spay - Neuter - Georgia

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This may be another Few options.

Hellenic Animal Welfare Society (Filozoiki) collects injured and ill strays in its animal ambulances and takes them to its clinic near Athens airport for treatment, sterilisation and rehoming; works with Attica municipalities on neutering and vaccination programmes; organises information campaigns on TV and other media. Contact Liana Alexandri on 210-722-6444.

Friends of the Cat feeds and cares for the cat colony in the National Gardens, also sterilises feral and abandoned cats throughout mainland Greece and the islands. Call the society's office on 210-725-8497 or contact Mary Cochran on 210-701-4044.

The Greek Animal Welfare Fund (GAWF), operating in Greece as Animal Action Greece, strives to improve the welfare of all animals in Greece. Founded in 1959, GAWF works with any animals that need our help. As well as practical and veterinary work, which is often life-saving, we campaign and lobby the Greek Parliament, support smaller animal welfare groups in Greece, run an education programme and offer training in animal care. We believe in working within Greece to find practical and sustainable solutions to animal welfare problems. See our website www.animalactiongreece.gr, email us [email protected] or call us on Athens +30 2103840010 / London +44 (0)2073578500

Here's a link if there might be others.
Animal Welfare and Environment in Greece

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Miry-Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do think a shelter would be willing to put the cat to sleep. I'm not trying to be mean but the cat has been suffering for two days. It sounded like this has happened before. The shelter could adequately assess and determine what is the most humane thing for the cat.

This might be a place to take her.
Athens Humane Society - Rescue - Adopt - Foster - Spay - Neuter - Georgia
If I'm not mistaken valentine319 valentine319 he needs a shelter in Athens, Greece.

I'm sorry that this poor kitty is going through all of this. I hope that a resolution comes soon. You are very kind to do all that you have done so far to try to bring her from the brink M mr Worried . I will be keeping you and this precious kit in my thoughts and prayers.

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im sorry but im starting to be very upset about this situation, tell us in what city you are and we will look for a shelter for you. Someone in this forum could prolly also make the call for you. You cant drive or have someone else drive you to a shelter?

Last edited:

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
close to athen i got this...Save a Greek Stray . Its a dog shelter.

Call them and explain your situation...im sure they ll help you for euthanasia. Explain to them that they are the only option.

Last edited:

fodder

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
+1 to that. That poor cat needs help. Not much you can do for that level of sick from home. You also need to know whats going on so it doesn't happen to your other cats. If there is some sort of poison lying around that she's eaten there is nothing stopping your other cats from doing the same. Do all you can my friend, she is relying on you.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I'm not mistaken valentine319 valentine319 he needs a shelter in Athens, Greece.

I'm sorry that this poor kitty is going through all of this. I hope that a resolution comes soon. You are very kind to do all that you have done so far to try to bring her from the brink M mr Worried . I will be keeping you and this precious kit in my thoughts and prayers.
I added all I could find because there were phone numbers. Someone might know someone else who can help. Even if it's a primary vet to other animals.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been going over the comments and realized it sounded a bit harsh. It also sounded like we were mad at you. It's not you we are mad at, it's the whole situation that put this cat there to begin with.
I have been there. When it comes down to either you and yours eating OR getting a sick stray to the vet, I will choose mine everytime. It's even harder when no agency is willing to help. You try, that's all you can do. Your hands are tied.

If you can find it to respond, Myself and most of us here would appreciate an update. Did she make it through the night? Did an agency or someone ever help her?