Feral cat had babies in trap

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

milktea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another update 😄 mom was negative for felv and fiv. They gave her pain meds and fluids and said she perked up a bit after that. Fever went down. Vet said she had to stay separated from babies to heal and that babies need bottle feeding. I was attempting that (not very well) when another ANGEL offered to take them and bottle feed!!!! Then a second ANGEL also volunteered so I think they’re going to coordinate together and each take 2 kittens. I dropped off babies and will focus on trying to get mom to eat. She’s resting in the guest bathroom now.

So relieved and thankful that some people were willing to try to bottle feed these babies. Really hoping everybody makes it!!!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and your husbands efforts saved the babies! I know he went through a lot to assist while you were working. Your persistence is heroic! I’m so grateful that you kept up everything and kept looking for help. Bravo to you! Thank you! They all have a much better chance now! Thanks to the Angel group too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

milktea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don’t think the vet did the ultrasound. Since that group was paying for the care they were able to decide what happens or what gets done. But I guess the vet was able to feel her abdomen and he said it didn’t feel like there was anything wrong there. So he didn’t recommend ultrasound or anything.

Anyways, it turns out the second lady had more time to bottle feed so she ended up fostering all the kittens instead. She said they seem strong and active and they are all eating well, pooping etc so things are looking good there.

Mom kitty looked a little better but honestly she never got up from the bed that day or night. She didn’t seem interested in food and didn’t drink water. I left plain chicken pieces next to her and some pieces of cheese which she did eat some of. I was worried she didn’t drink any fluids or use the litterbox in over a day so I contacted the group again. They said they will take care of her and try to save her. They are going administer fluids by IV or injection. So I’m pretty worried about the mom but hoping they will be able to help her.

Thank you again to everyone here for your encouragement and support and advice! You all really care about animals and it shows.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all do care and we love helping someone like you. You got the attention of some of our best kitten helpers because you care. They gave you great advice but it took having you follow it to make things work. You did that and I know it was very stressful. We are so grateful to people like you. The world is brighter because you are here.
Mom should perk up considerably on sub q or IV fluids. I kind of figured she was dehydrated. Having her there where they can observe and take any further action needed is great. I’m sure they will attend to her needs. I want to than you for taking the actions needed to keep them all going. Especially since you are also out there working to keep us all going. Working and attending to all that is so hard. That was quite a juggling act! :clap2::rock: I hope you stay safe and keep posting! If you haven’t looked around the site much, please do! I’m betting you could use a smile about now and there are some great threads here that can do just that! The pictures and video forum is a great place to find some smiles.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They probably need to spay her. That will remove what might be troubling her. Poor gal. I hope she pulls through. It’s such a sad situation when babies get separated from mom so quickly and mom is not well. Keep us updated on her progress if you can! And thank you for all your efforts on her behalf!