Feral Cat. Can He Be Tamed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lockiedox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all your wonderful advice.
At the minute he is still confined to one room. I have started leaving in some of my more submissive cats and hes wonderful with them.
He now will come out around and eat while we are in the room which he never did.
He still growls and bites if you get too close so i just come in, lay out his food and water and sit down.

Ive also left a few toys around the room and he will now play once i dont move. He will still run and hide of i stand up but i can now pick up a cup or a remote without him running so all progress

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's terrific! My very socialized, laid-back, friendly domestic cats helped tame my current feral, and the feral I adopted many years ago, better than I ever could have done alone. Farrell stared in absolute fascination the first few times she saw my senior cat, Tangent, let me rub all over him, give him a tummy rub and brush him.

cattyclaws

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some really great advice on here though some conflicting. One says to talk to the cat calmly, while another says ignore them completely. I just posted about my cat on here today Aggressive Shelter Cat and after reading up a bit on feral cats and watching videos, I am starting to think he is one. So I am looking for some advice and insight.