Female Cats Spay Incision at 24 days Post Op - Red and Wet

Treelevi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
As the title says, my cat got spayed 24 days ago. Healing went well up to this point. Over the last 2 days or so, I’ve noticed the site becoming more red than it had been up to this point (other than the first few days). The incision site is closed from what I can tell, but there is some wetness on the site. I don’t feel heat or smell anything. Her behavior is normal.
should I be concerned about this change? Or is this normal for this stage of healing? Thank you!

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! I would say that is not normal, typically by 3 weeks the incision has practically been forgotten, even by the cat! I'd send a pic to the vet, or just take her in to have them check it out.

With the redness and wetness, I am wondering if it is bothering her somehow and she is licking the area nearly raw, since I am not seeing any swelling which I would think would be there if an infection was brewing under the skin. Nonetheless, best to be safe than sorry and have the vet take a look.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I concur with the other responses here. Perhaps the vet's office offers a way to accept photos by text or email rather than require an in person visit.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:yeah:
Agree with all of the above. Doesn't look like something critical, but not normal for 24 days post op. You should definitely speak to your vet about it.