Female Cat Urinating Blood

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
So a couple weeks back, I noticed my female cat Elizabeth frequently going to the litterbox and just sitting there for minutes. I noticed there was blood in her urine and called the vet immediately. They fit her in but couldn’t do much because she started getting stressed out and was trying to attack the staff (poor thing). They sent her home with some meds for crystals and also told me it seemed like it was due to stress she was visiting the box more than she should.
With giving the meds I didn’t notice any more blood in her urine except for that first day. So just the day I called the vet and got her in. But she still visits the bathroom more than she should.

Flash forward to today, weeks later, and Elizabeth is standing in the kitchen and she must have just used the bathroom because she had a few drops of bloody urine on the floor. No blood in the litterbox, and that’s all I’ve seen is a little discharge. Her overall behavior is otherwise fine, eating and drinking fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. I was told that due to stress this could happen, but I didn’t know she could have some bloody discharge that just goes away because of stress??? That doesn’t sound right?

I do want to get her into the vet again soon (with medicine, I have to give her something beforehand to calm her down the vet told me) and get an ultrasound done to make sure she doesn’t have any stones or anything concerning.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread might give you some clues:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Definitely read that thread provided above. Stress can definitely cause bloody urine in cats. There is an article in the linked thread that discusses how to deal with stress in cats to try to help.