Female cat pees standing up

Micaela227

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! My 8/9 month old female cat peed standing up on our backyard today. She is currently on heat because she hasn't been spayed yet (she is very small, not skinny or underweight, just a smaller than she should be). She doesn't have any problems peeing on her box, isn't struggling or anything like that, so it's not a blockage. A neighboor cat came over earlier today, maybe she smelled him and did it to mark her territory? I'm just curious because I never had a girl cat before and I tought only boys did that.
I'm going to the vet tomorrow to pick up their antiparasite medication (I don't know how you call it on english, it's a pill we give them every three months), so I could aks then, but I wanted to check here anyways.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my female cats pees standing up. I think it started when Josie died. I used dr elseys cat attract. Not sure if that helped but after months she stopped doing it . I assume she will be spayed since she is outside? Hopefully soon if she's in heat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Micaela227

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my female cats pees standing up. I think it started when Josie died. I used dr elseys cat attract. Not sure if that helped but after months she stopped doing it . I assume she will be spayed since she is outside? Hopefully soon if she's in heat
She is outside but doesnt leave the house, I'm always with her to make sure she doesn's go anyway. I wouldn't let her out otherwise!
She's getting spayed next month, if we get the clear from the vet :)

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat sometimes starts in the normal position then stands up and goes over her box(pads under the box save the mess). She perfectly healthy just messy sometimes. Sometimes is health, sometimes being in heat, sometimes is just...them. But definitely talk with the Dr about it.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat sometimes starts in the normal position then stands up and goes over her box(pads under the box save the mess). She perfectly healthy just messy sometimes. Sometimes is health, sometimes being in heat, sometimes is just...them. But definitely talk with the Dr about it.
Mine does that. Storage bin 18inch high solved the problem

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine does that. Storage bin 18inch high solved the problem
How does she get in, was thinking of getting a bigger box wondering how she'll get in and out of a taller one. Have some ideas but still marinating.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Buy a tool at home depo to cut a hole. You need goggles. I had someone do it for me

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Buy a tool at home depo to cut a hole. You need goggles. I had someone do it for me
I cut cutting thing a mig jigs. Saws, knives, torch😳. Goggles, yes I have safety glasses. I have some Ideas of what I'm going to do, going to start with a box head height plus 2 inches and go from there.

Will you do it for me? Hehe