female cat can't urinate

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well my cat have broken pelvis which 2 years ago new she's fully recovered. Today, at night, i'm noticed she's just sitting in toilet trying to pee, but can't. And then tongue out and breath.
Afternoon, i can see she her spraying on wall (she's in heat or sth)

Her poop still normal, i just recently use tap water in my room for about 2weeks, and use clean (human water) for their room.

Is that tape water is the causes for (Struvite crystals), i will remove tape water bowl from my room and bring her to vet tomorrow.

She's still eating, playing, normal, just tonight i saw she's trying to pee but can't. I will keep monitoring her tonight to see after she awake from sleep, she can or not

She's just no pain when trying to pee, i think, but the abdomen is hard

after several times trying, she just peed, but only small amount of urine, no drops but it just about "2 finger joints" oval, no blood, just normal urine color, no dark,pink, etc

Last edited:

Waffles&theGang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, how is your cat doing? Has she been able to pee yet? How long has it been since she last peed? If she hasn't been able to urinate for a while, please don't wait too long and if you can take her to the vet now, or (if you haven't yet) talk to your vet and explain the situation and ask your vet what you should do. Maybe your vet could tell you if you need to bring her in yet or not?

I'm sorry, I know I'm new here. I found this site a few months ago when my own cat was having urinary issues. It's just that when I read your post, I was very concerned. A cat who can't pass urine is an emergency situation and it'd be best to at least talk to a vet as soon as possible.

(And as I was typing I see you posted that your cat has just peed). Still, if you can try and talk to your vet at least.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Peeing only small amounts can be another warning sign that something needs to be seen by a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, how is your cat doing? Has she been able to pee yet? How long has it been since she last peed? If she hasn't been able to urinate for a while, please don't wait too long and if you can take her to the vet now, or (if you haven't yet) talk to your vet and explain the situation and ask your vet what you should do. Maybe your vet could tell you if you need to bring her in yet or not?

I'm sorry, I know I'm new here. I found this site a few months ago when my own cat was having urinary issues. It's just that when I read your post, I was very concerned. A cat who can't pass urine is an emergency situation and it'd be best to at least talk to a vet as soon as possible.

(And as I was typing I see you posted that your cat has just peed). Still, if you can try and talk to your vet at least.
yep, she's meowing overnight, and then drink a lot of water (water for human consume) and then peeing alot, i mean it's really alot,
just normal color with normal smells

when i was kid, i hold my urine for 8 or 12hours, and when i'm trying to pee, i can't. But my cats is freely to pee anywhere, it's just weird for first time when i saw my cat can't peeing, and she's keep trying like that, at least for now, look like she empty the bladder already

Peeing only small amounts can be another warning sign that something needs to be seen by a vet.
at seconds time, amount of urine is high, normal urine

My orange(male) cat and she's keep spraying, orange cat always following and try to mate but i think none of it success,(he tried 1-2months ago too, even when he's make her orgasm multiple times but still no sign of pink titties,etc..)

I think the problem is tape water, because back in 6-7 years when i bring my 5 cats to new home, i feed them with dry food and tape water, they look not so good that time. Then i'm switch to chicken/pig meat floss + rice, filtered water, their body is so firm and well

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
when i was kid, i hold my urine for 8 or 12hours, and when i'm trying to pee, i can't. But my cats is freely to pee anywhere, it's just weird for first time when i saw my cat can't peeing, and she's keep trying like that, at least for now, look like she empty the bladder already
You cannot compare the human body and processes with that of a cat.

My orange(male) cat and she's keep spraying, orange cat always following and try to mate but i think none of it success,(he tried 1-2months ago too, even when he's make her orgasm multiple times but still no sign of pink titties,etc..)
H hongducwb it's difficult to understand what the problem is, since English is not your first language.
But in all honestly, I think life would be a lot easier if you had the male cat neutered and the female cat spayed. Female cats do not have orgasms.. in fact sexual intercourse is painful for them. You would be doing both of them a big favour by having them fixed, and you may find the other health issues are eased.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well my cat have broken pelvis which 2 years ago new she's fully recovered. Today, at night, i'm noticed she's just sitting in toilet trying to pee, but can't. And then tongue out and breath.

Her poop still normal, i just recently use tap water in my room for about 2weeks, and use clean (human water) for their room.

Is that tape water is the causes for (Struvite crystals), i will remove tape water bowl from my room and bring her to vet tomorrow.

She's still eating, playing, normal, just tonight i saw she's trying to pee but can't. I will keep monitoring her tonight to see after she awake from sleep, she can or not

after several times trying, she just peed, but only small amount of urine, no drops but it just about "2 finger joints" oval, no blood, just normal urine color, no dark,pink, etc
What you mentioned here is an emergency. When your cat tries to pee and can't, it is an emergency, even if after a few tries she manages to do it, it's still an emergency.

A cat can and will die from this type of emergency if they:
- can't clear the blockage
- become blocked again.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please see a vet right away! Your cat likely needs an antibiotic to cure a urinary tract or bladder infection.

Please do not allow your male cat to mate with her. It may also be causing her urinary issues by passing germs to her. Do get him neutered and your cat spayed.

H hongducwb

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Please take her to the vet ASAP. If she was having issues peeing something is wrong with her urinary tract. She could have an UTI that needs to be treated ASAP! Tap water is many places are treated so it’s safe for human consumption which means it would also be safe for pets as well. But this also depends where you live at. But right now your kitty needs to see a vet. Also as others suggested do not let the male mate with her. Also get them both neutered and spayed.

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Forgot update but after ultrasonic in next day, nothing weird found in her bladder, but it took vet awhile to locate her bladder, i think because she fall from 5 stories 2years ago, which can make internal organs moved a little bit.

He then sold me : cystaid plus and told me split Capsule into half, and give her twice each day, but when i found information on internet, it said one capsule each days.

btw,in Vietnam
According to a leading professor at Hanoi University of Science and Technology, years ago the water source in Vietnam was not polluted, tap water could be used for drinking directly. But with the current pollution situation, tap water is not really safe.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
He then sold me : cystaid plus and told me split Capsule into half, and give her twice each day, but when i found information on internet, it said one capsule each days.
It sounds like the same dosage to me... just instead of giving one full capsule a day you give her half twice a day.

That's interesting about the water. Sounds like filtered water, or bottled, is definitely the way to go.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is your cat peeing more normally now? Does she seem to feel better in general?

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is your cat peeing more normally now? Does she seem to feel better in general?
after visit vet, i just let her back to her room with 5 other cats. she seems drinking normal amount of water and stop meowing