Female cat bleeding from anus

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi about a months ago my female cat has had miscarriage around 5 weeks into pregnancy (she was bleeding from anus then as well) When she had miscarriage then she seemed fine except for the fact that she was letting bloody discharge (she ate and drank and ran around normal and few days after she stopped the discharge.. ) Then her heat came back and although I stopped her from meeting male cats she must have mated again because now is 4 weeks since her latest heat and she is letting bloody discharge again and this time she isn't eating and looks like she has some abdomen discomfort. when I touch her back she makes bowel movement as if shes trying to get something out and let's out discharge from her anus. Is she trying to expel fetus from her last miscarriage? Why has she suddenly get sick? Do you think infection developed from her last miscarriage?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please take her to a vet immediately.
This cat should not be allowed to continuously have babies let alone with this health history. She needs to see a vet, may have an infection that needs treatment and should be spayed too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her discharge looks like this and she shakes and growls whenever I touch her back
20230405_123015.jpg

but her abdomen isn't swelled like pyometra would

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Isn't pyometra rare in young cats? My cat is only 1 year old.. Is really pyometra?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With all due respect why are you continuing to post here instead of taking your cat to the vet?
It's now nearly a day later since you first posted and you're still asking us and nobody here is a medical doctor.
If you were bleeding like that would you ignore it?
This is not normal and something is wrong regardless of what it is or isn't. She needs to see a vet today.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, pyometra can happen at any age, ESPECIALLY after a miscarriage or giving birth. She truly needs to be spayed as soon as possible. I feel for you, but her life is in danger. I really don't think she is pregnant again, i think the infection has progressed to the point it is swelling her belly and spreading in her body.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree, pyometra can happen at any age, ESPECIALLY after a miscarriage or giving birth. She truly needs to be spayed as soon as possible. I feel for you, but her life is in danger. I really don't think she is pregnant again, i think the infection has progressed to the point it is swelling her belly and spreading in her body.
Her belly isn't swollen but looks flatter than usual and she expresses pain whenever she lies down and while lying down.. She's eaten something this morning but looks like her appetite is still very low. If it is pyometra, would spaying get rid of problem?

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Her belly isn't swollen but looks flatter than usual and she expresses pain whenever she lies down and while lying down.. She's eaten something this morning but looks like her appetite is still very low. If it is pyometra, would spaying get rid of problem?
Short answer is yes.
All her reproductive organs will be removed and they will be able to clean her up, put her on antibiotics, etc.

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does she go outside? Someone may have kicked her, not everybody likes cats. That could account for blood from anus and/or vagina. She needs to see the Vet.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does she go outside? Someone may have kicked her, not everybody likes cats. That could account for blood from anus and/or vagina. She needs to see the Vet.
Yes she's been going out and I've recently seen her on top of a shed of my neighbour.. So trauma may have caused bleeding? I doubt anyone has kicked her as she would have ran away before anyone can do that but she may have had a fall.. She was perfectly fine 2 days ago and now she's suddenly very sick

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's how illnesses like this work in cats. They're fine one day, then sick the next. Please get her to the vet for a checkup and proper diagnosis and treatment. Your cat is in pain and is suffering.