Female cat and peeing

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 4 old female but two already giving birth, once and twice, they go to exact spot and peeing/pooping.
Other two are daughter(6y/o) of first one (7-8y/o), they usually peeing around the house, is that weird when intact female cats doing that ?

this is image of 2 daughter, they usually trying to mating each other, the white one usually grabs by neck the gray one (like mother cat carrying kittens). I bought male yellow to mating with these two intact but 1 years passed, still nothing happens even when they mating multiple times a day. So now the yellow one spraying around the house too, which may trigger these two female cat does it more frequently

Does my cat is homo ?
1704681289338.png

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
H hongducwb if you have several intact cats in the house it's going to cause them all a lot of stress. Cats are quite territorial and if the female cats are going through heat cycles, having kittens and trying to care for these kittens in a small enclosed space there is going to be a lot of tension in the home.

This could be why you are seeing inappropriate peeing and pooping.

Having an intact male cat that sprays around your house will make the problem even worse. The cats will be able to smell where another cat has peed and so will think that this is the right place to pee.

Please consider getting all of your cats spayed and neutered.

When cats grab each other by the back of the neck it shows that they are trying to assert dominance over each other. It's not sexual, but it can mean that the cats are upset because of their living arrangements and want to establish themselves as the "top cat" in the house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no, they doing sexual, i recorded video multiple times, they moving hips and thrust like male cat.. 2x mother cat, 3x daughter, they all do the same (after first male cat neutered)

i bought yellow one to get two old female cat pregnant and hope they stop spraying without spayed, but look like yellow cat inexperienced or because his legs is weak, easily to slip so he's failed to get these two cats pregnant.

I will wait to see if he can success make these two cats pregnant in next heat-cycle, if no i may neutered him, because looked like he's horny sex addict, spraying anytime when he got a chances, walk few step,sniff, spraying, walk, spraying. He's rub against me, then spraying on my legs

i may avoid spayed female cats, because it's too late for them, should spayed when they were young, spayed is good for their health (at least no longer pyometra like the one already dead,..) but there's still minimal risk.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's not sexual. The scruffing and humping you describe is dominant behavior seen among spayed, neutered and intact male and female cats on cats of both sexes.

It's a way of asserting their dominance, not a sexual act.

Allowing the female cats to get pregnant will not stop them peeing inappropriately. If anything it is likely to make the problem worse.

There are no risks with getting cats spayed at 6 to 8 years of age, as you say these female cats are. Your vet will check their heart and kidney function before doing any surgery. There's no reason not to spay them now.

Not spaying will increase their risks of pyometra, ovarian cancer, mammary cancer and other diseases. I can't understand how anyone could lose one cat to pyometra and fail to spay and neuter all the other cats in their care. Please provide your cats with the vet care they need and deserve. It's not fair on them to use them as breeding machines just for profit.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your cats are still young enough to get spayed. It's safer than pregnancy. There are a LOT of risks to pregnancy and it is very hard on the body. It is natural but it is not safe.

It's hard to know if the behaviour is caused by having your cats intact until after you spay them and see if the behaviour persists after 1 month.