Feliway vs Comfort Zone

mishicats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I heard that Feliway diffusers are actually stronger than the Comfort Zone with feliway diffusers.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Also, can you use the Feliway refills in the Comfort Zone with feliway diffusers?

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last question first: yes, they are interchangeable.
And in my experience, they have the same effect. I've used both.
BTW: you can get them cheaper on Amazon than in the big/small box stores.

the cat man 3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know if they work the vets say they do. Brought my two cats home at 4 months used it for 8 months stop a while ago I don't see any change or anything different. Maybe when there kittens and there spay and neuted for a couple of months but there the same now as they always. were. My little 2 year old girl just likes to chew and always did.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I use the diffusers for stress/anxiety-related behaviors. Even though the ingredients list is the same, my cats respond to Feliway better than Comfort Zone.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used them both and notice no difference at all.  I interchange the two.  The last 6 pack I purchased was Comfort Zone and it is working as well as the Feliway. 

sara457

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I researched this question myself a few weeks ago, and found a forum talking about it on this site. Apparently they are the same thing. I recently bought Comfort Zone with a refill and it works well. I was skeptical, as it has mixed reviews. But my cat has only sprayed a couple of times in the last 3 weeks (he was spraying several times a day before that!!!) since plugging it in

sabrina hill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good Day to All,

I am in the process of moving an wanted the transition to be as stress-free for my wonderful cat, CoCo.  The vet referred Feliway and I have been reading reviews and information on the product.  Some mentioned that it could stain fabric - what about walls if you use the diffuser?

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Good Day to All,

I am in the process of moving an wanted the transition to be as stress-free for my wonderful cat, CoCo.  The vet referred Feliway and I have been reading reviews and information on the product.  Some mentioned that it could stain fabric - what about walls if you use the diffuser?
I have never had one stain the walls.  I use both the Feliway diffuser as well as the Comfort Zone spray in areas where an outlet is not available.  Just remember that you may need multiple diffusers.  If you have a large open area, you will need more than one and also if the cat(s) are in multiple rooms, you will need one for each room.  Feliway works well, but many people do not use enough of them to notice a difference.  They are costly, but the best prices are on Amazon or EntirelyPets.com

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used both the feliway and the comfort zone interchangeably for Artie's stress. This reminds that I should re-start them.

Yes, I felt they did work.noticed it when I discontinued or when it ran out what a difference in stress level.

I order them on Amazon---much, much cheaper......

I forgot about them.  Artie has been under a lot of stress lately because of his IBD diagnosis and all the meds he has to take...

sabrina hill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I appreciate the quick response. I have been on Amazon trying to determine which package to get. A bit shocked that I should put one in every room. Thanks

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I appreciate the quick response. I have been on Amazon trying to determine which package to get. A bit shocked that I should put one in every room. Thanks
Just every room where the cats will spend time.  If you have a spare room and the cats don't go in there then nothing needed.  I have one in the family room, dining room and an upstairs hallway.  When they run out, I can tell.  If you have rooms you are uncertain about, go with the spray too so you can always just spray when it's needed.

sabrina hill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Again, I appreciate the quick responses.  Since this is a new home we are moving into, I don't want her to immediately start to scratch door frames.  I never had a peeing or spraying issue with her.

Since she goes into every room of the house now, it may be best that I start off that way as I don't like to restrict her from going anywhere.  Gotta figure out a way to work in budget smile).

Thanks again.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  I would start with 2 or 3 and then get the spray too.  You can always order more later.  When you move, it's best to keep her in a room by herself for a day or two.  Put some of her favorite things from your old place in a room for her and allow her to get used to the surroundings.  It might help her if you mostly unpack and then allow her time out to explore.  You can give her time out of the room for short visits, but to reduce her anxiety unpack without her around.  After a day or two, she can start to explore with supervision and you can tell if she is ready to be out full time or not.

Best of luck with the move!