Feliway Diffusers

tee-tee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to get the product, but I have read a lot of reviews about the diffuser units getting very hot and producing a "burning smell" and some people have actually reported that they are a fire hazard. Is there another type of diffuser I can use with the Feliway product. I work a lot and I wouldn't be able to be at home if anything did happen and I don't want my furballs to die in a fire.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know of any comparable products, but have you considered Feliway sprays to put on your cat's bedding/cat trees/etc? There are other similar sprays if the Feliway sprays are not effective for your cats. Not all calming products work on all cats. You can do an internet search for 'cat calming products' and see what else might be things you want to try.

Kittykat1998

Cat mom of 2 male tuxedo kitties.
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 2 feliway diffusers in my home, and the smoke/mist like substance that comes off of it is just the product being diffused, totally safe. I haven’t experienced any burning smells either. I’ve read some reviews stating some things that you mentioned but if you’ve ever owned a diffuser for oils then you’ll know getting heated and giving off light mist is normal and just shows that its working. Also, i have the feliway friends version and i find that it really helps! Definitely worth the investment :)

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I will have to try it she's driving me nuts she's meowing and it turns into screaming I feel so bad I don't know what to do for her

Hlee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They do get hot .
I would try the spray or the collar.