Feliway diffuser emptying fast

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are 3 Feliway diffusers going in my house. With 5 cats, there are a lot of "catty" behaviors with each other that seem to be reduced with these diffusers going.

I put refills in all of them on 2/4/11. One of them is almost empty, though the other two are at least half full. Has anyone had this experience? Is there something wrong with this diffuser? Or maybe it is the air flow where it is placed?

Any ideas?

Robin

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have not a clue, but wanted to add, that I have two diffusers going. They don't seem to last anywhere near thirty days. I had one that lasted only about twenty days and the other went to about twenty five. I too have noticed these discrepancies between the two different locations and would like to see if anyone has any answers too. I sure wish they would last longer, they are pricey, but worth it!!! Great question Robin

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have one/them plugged in close to a heat vent/radiator? That makes the liquid evaporate much faster. I find if I use outlets well away from the radiators the diffusers last a good month.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only used the Feliway spray, so I don't have any suggestions, unless that 1 was defective when you bought it?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Do you have one/them plugged in close to a heat vent/radiator? That makes the liquid evaporate much faster. I find if I use outlets well away from the radiators the diffusers last a good month.
YES!!!!!!!!! Thank you, the one that evaporates quickly is in Magilla's room right above the heat register!!!! That explains it. Darn though, I don't have any other outlets that are availalbe in that room, furniture in the way. But I could cover up the heat register. Will give that a try

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's probably the problem for me, too. It's near a vent, though the vent is closed. Probably some air is still getting through. There's no place else to put it in that room, though. My house is 85 years old, so not a lot of electric outlets.

Robin