Feliway and Toy Recommendations

SavedbyCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All,

I'm on day three introducing a long term shelter cat to my 3yF and 5yF resident cats. New cat is still behind a door and I've been trying to spend my daughter's nap times in the hallway outside the bathroom door causing resident cats to come over. There is still minor hissing happening and a few growls from my 3y, but to be honest she is pretty liberal with the growls on a regular basis even when her posture is relaxed.

Anyway I've never used the Feliway diffusers before and I don't know where to put them. I got the multicat kind but I don't know how many square feet they cover. My house is on the larger side, about 3500 sq ft and I know I'll put one in the bathroom where new cat is but not sure about the other? I can't have it in our main living space because I think you plug them in and I have a one year old. Would putting it in the hallway by the bathroom be a good place so when the old cats come around they will be affected by it?

Also does anyone have any recommendations for toys that can be put halfway under the door where both sides can play with it? I have a double ended stick things with strings on it that I slid under the door and there was a positive interaction between new cat and my 5y playing with it mutually.

Thanks!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think the hallway would be a good choice, at least for now. Especially if there is an outlet at a little distance from the bathroom door. Since there is, obviously, a decent crack under the door, you don't want to overwhelm them.