Feline Z/d

SidneyR

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wondering if anyoneone else that has experience with Hill’s prescription diet Z/D formula and really smelly poos. Obviously if my cat is on this diet he has had many intestinal and allergy issues. Just wondering if anyoneone else using this food has stinky poos or if it’s just my smelly cat.

Seriously a life saver for my little abandoned kitten but his poops are the worst.

Coal is two now and so much better but still just has the stinkiest.

Last edited by a moderator:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the first food I tried on my senior cat with Ibd. Runny, smelly poops. She now just eats duck or rabbit lid from nature's variety instinct or koha

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never fed this to my cats. But i know different foods can give my cats smelly poos. Maybe your vet can help you try a prescription food that is similar, but a different brand? I think Royal Canin has a lot of prescription foods as well. Might make a difference?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is commercial canned food an option? Limited ingredient and novel protein diets are helpful for cats with food sensitivities and gastrointestinal issues and have better ingredients than Z/D which means less stinky poop.

Probiotics and digestive enzymes are also helpful to keep poop from being too stinky.

Obviously ask the vet before trying anything new but keep in mind that most vets will insist on prescription food for every health issue :rolleyes: