My cat starts to demonstrate the sign of Feline Idiopathic Cystitis/urinary contraction(My apologies but I am not really familiar with the medical terms), and my regular vet told me to go to the emergency room directly. The urine analysis shows that he has crystals in his urine, so we have to hospitalize him today in the hope that with some medication and fluid, he can pass the substance himself. However, the vet tells us that if he does not get any better in 24 hours they need to carry out a surgery. We do not really have an insurance(which is really a very bad decision) on him, so today has already cost us 1000 dollars, and the estimate cost for the surgery ranges from 2000-5000 dollars for just a single day. After the surgery thy will have to have him stay in the hospital for typically 3-4 days, which is gonna be another thousands of dollars I suppose. That is not really something that I can afford. I know I have made a huge mistake not to insure him, but all I want to do now is to explore some possible options in case the worst happens.