Feline Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy My Sweet Tabitha.

kskatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I took Tabitha in for a check up, no excuse good enough that she hasn't gotten a check up in two years. Tabitha is 13 and acts like a youngster. Listening to her heart found a grade 4 murmur. I believe we did xrays, but the most important is the sonogram, done today. I'll get details tomorrow, what is thickened and what blood flow is where.
Tabs is so asyptomatic. Everything else, bloodwork, etc, was great. You would not know she's got heart issues. Our game plan is to recheck in 6 months, unless any symptoms appear.
Anybody else been through this?
Tabitha's big brother (same litter, he was just much bigger) died last week from cancer, histology results not back yet. There is also Adonis (15 years), mass in chest, has outlived all predictions. The same day as Tab's diagnosis, Sierra's xray and sonogram show huge mass in her chest. Will be doing aspiration tomorrow. I'm sure they should all have thier own threads, I'm just, still, trying to process all this.
I'll find pics tomorrow.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry you and Tabitha are going through this. :alright:

Has your vet perscribed or mentioned any possible medications?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kskatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did look forward to talking to Dr J this afternoon, when picking up Sierra after her biopsy. Got a call that Dr J got delayed and Sierra's biopsy will be tomorrow. I wanted to quiz her about her comment that, if given too early, meds can cause more harm than good. If the meds are to try to aliviate symptoms and Tabitha has no symptoms, what would we be treating? I need to research all the medications to see what, exactly, they do.
I guess I'm more tense than I thought. When the phone rang and I heard it was from the vet, my heart stopped as I grabbed the phone. Sierra is 15, her bloodwork may have been perfect, but she is still old. The sonogram guided needle aspiration requires anesthesia, that is always a risk. When I hung up the phone, I found myself shedding a few tears of relief.
Tabitha is laying on the chair, pressed up against my hip.