Feline Asthma

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This where I order my Flixodtide for the Aerokat:

Canadian MedStore

You will need an Rx, of course. I just paid $ 170.00 for 2 inhalers. Your local pharmacy would charge 4X that (I got quotes). The meds come from New Zealand (at least mine have, not sure if they all do), so shipping takes about a month. I would try to get the Rx from your vet now and place your order. The Aerokat should be available on A.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I also want to add that I only give him treatments about 2-3 X per week and it still keeps it under control. I do 10 puffs per treatment. But see what vet recommends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

writingislove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, thank you! I can't believe how expensive they are. :headshake: All worth it for a kitty who can breathe, but yeesh.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know, it's insane that it should cost 4X as much here. Plus, you may want to consider a brand of litter by a certain doctor that is for "respiratory relief". It works pretty well. It is VERY heavy, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

writingislove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am glad to say Winston hasn't had a bad attack since Thursday night. The Prednisone is definitely helping. However, he still seems to have a little bit of trouble when he gets to purring really hard. He'll get a little raspy and then start to cough and his breathing gets funky, but once he stops purring it calms down pretty quickly. Is this normal? Will the inhaled steroids help more with this? I'll ask the vet of course but it will have to wait until Monday.