Felidae

cinder_chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wasn't sure where exactly to post this, but this part of the forum looked suitable.
Is anyone else familiar with the Felidae book series by Akif Pirincci?
http://www.amazon.com/Felidae-Akif-P...ref=pd_sim_b_1

The series is six books long, and so far I've only read one and a half!

Also, there is a film version, and even though it is a cartoon, DO NOT BE FOOLED this movie is violent and has mating cats as well!! But, if you're into mysteries and the darker side to felines, you may want to check out the books and the movie link below:

So does anyone out there like the series? Anyone read past the second book? I'd love to chat about it

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked up the amazon link you included; it sounds very interesting. I may have to see if I can find it.

suri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've seen clips of the cartoon and I just recently watched the whole
movie. I thought It was pretty good, just really weird and gory but
I did like it.

If the movie is like that then the books must be pretty interesting.
I'm gonna give it a try!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cinder_chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the concept is pretty weird, and it is rather gory and in certain parts tough for cat lovers to watch. Actually, I saw the movie before I read the book and it's surprising how close the two of them are. I know that sometimes movies leave a lot of important parts of the book out but this one did a great job at including everything!

And because the book was originally German and not very popular here in the US, I had absolutely no luck with finding the book in any bookstores around town so I had to buy book one and book two online. As for the other four books I don't even know if they were translated into English

But even if I can make a few people here fans that would make my day simply because these books are very well written and quite thrilling!!

suri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aw, that sucks it can only be ordered online.
I was hoping to check it out at a library or buy
it from a bookstore. Maybe a smaller bookstore
will have it and not one of those big chain stores.

I hope so but if not I think Ill have to buy it online.
Animal point of view stories are so interesting to read!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have read the books and while they are dark, I couldn't put them down. The author has a very clever way of looking at the world from a cat's point of view. I did not know there were movie versions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cinder_chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh really, did you read the whole series? Were they in English? And yes there is a movie out that is based on the first book, and it's quite good. If you enjoyed the books, I would also recommend the movie