Feeling sad today

millyanddaisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my neighbours died last night. OK, she had been ill for some time, and was being cared for in a hospice, but it still came as a surprise to hear the news this morning. I live in a small community, there are only six houses, so we all know each other pretty well, and everybody has an important place in that community. So, Phyllis, you will be missed by us all.

Sue

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh I'm sorry to hear that Sue. You must have been close considering how little your community is. I hope she didn't suffer too much at the end. Thinking of you

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How very sad. Condolences to you and the rest of the neighborhood, as well as her family. I am very sorry for your loss!

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure it feels really awkward without her.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Godspeed over RB, Phyllis! Please don't be surprised at how many purrs & headbutts you receive when greeted by our TCS kitties who've passed on. Condolences on your loss, Sue - good neighbors are truly a rich blessing. How compassionate you are to have cared so much. Hugs, Susan

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
I am sorry for the loss of your neighbor but the upside of that is that she isn't sick anymore and she had the hospice angels there to ease her passing. My mom was on hospice and believe me I couldn't have kept her here at home and taken care of her without them. They went out of thier way to make sure that she had everything she wanted and needed this included the nurses buying her special things like thick socks and lap blankets out of thier own pocket when I couldn't afford them. i get alot of crap from other family members saying i should have put her in a home instead of letting her stay here at our home. but I have cna training and the nurses were here 3 times a week and the aides came in on the days when the nurses were not here. I wouldn't change anything that i did. your neighbor had the same care i am sure and her passing although sad was prob. more accepted by her family that if she had gone unexpectedly. our hearts go out to you.