Feeling Frustrated Here!

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all! :wave3:

I'm feeling frustrated with Velvet here! Lol today out of the blue she decides to move her (2) kittens into my 2yr old daughter's bed (her bed is in my room). Its cute & all but my daughter's gotta sleep there! Lol :confused:I keep moving her kittens back into HER nest i have set up but every time i keep moving them back she'll keep moving them back to my daughter's bed. So why the sudden need to move her kittens? My room is the quietest & safest room in the house so idk why she needs to move them. Kimmi will once in a while sniff around back there but hasn't done anything bad to the kittens..Kimmi hasn't been nice to the other kitties! :confused: is Velvet moving them because of Kimmi? What can I do to keep her in her nest? Lol
TIA!:)

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She feels it’s a safer area. Can you describe the nest you have planned/ set up for her? I agree that your daughter’s bed is not a safe spot and also not convenient but there must be something that momma cat feels makes it the best nesting spot. If you can figure out what she is seeking you could set up a new area and see if she prefers that spot.

She might like the smell or texture of the blankets. Your daughter’s bed might also be in a smaller quiet room. Brainstorm and try to figure out the characteristics and emulate them elsewhere.

Momma cat might also want the familiar smell of your daughter. In which case you could use one of her shirts or bedding that smells like her to use as bedding in a new potential nest area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She feels it’s a safer area. Can you describe the nest you have planned/ set up for her? I agree that your daughter’s bed is not a safe spot and also not convenient but there must be something that momma cat feels makes it the best nesting spot. If you can figure out what she is seeking you could set up a new area and see if she prefers that spot.

She might like the smell or texture of the blankets. Your daughter’s bed might also be in a smaller quiet room. Brainstorm and try to figure out the characteristics and emulate them elsewhere.

Momma cat might also want the familiar smell of your daughter. In which case you could use one of her shirts or bedding that smells like her to use as bedding in a new potential nest area.
Thanks! Velvet's current box is a nice roomy comfy box she's been (tucked away under my desk in my room) in since her kittens were born. She was fine up until today. I do handle the kittens sometimes when I inspect them & i sometimes let my kids touch them too. Kimmi is NOT a nice kitty towards my other kitties! So I'm wondering if that may be part of it? First I'm going to put a fresh blanky in HER box. I'll put my daughter's blanky in there. So far she hasn't moved them out of my bed room. I hope she doesn't while we're asleep tonight. I keep the door closed sometimes but I need to open it so fresh warm air can come in. I shall try a few things here!;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok! I think i may have figured out why velvet keeps moving her kittens into my daughter's bed (she has a little nest beside my bed because she still is afraid to be alone in her room in her bed). Velvet's kittens are becoming very mobile & keeps trying to get out of their box. So momma moves them to my daughter's nest because its soft & the kittens can't escape there. So i came up with a solution!:D (I hope! Lol). I have this pull out drawer thingy from under my daughter's bed. So I put some nice soft blankys in there & moved it in front of momma cats box. I then moved the kittens into it. And so far she seems happy about that & has yet to try to move the kittens back into my daughter's bed. Lol I did put my daughter in HER bed tonight but at 2am she comes over to sleep in my bed. Then i laid her down in her little bed beside my bed, but velvet was STILL moving her kittens there even tho my daughter was sleeping there! I'm like no velvet not safe to do that!:eek: Lol crazy around here! :lol: lets hope velvet likes the new set up!:thumbsup:

Attachments