Feeding/Watering Stations Are In Place

houseofcats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m just so excited!!! Remember my post about my work agreeing to TNR the cats on site? Well, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve set-up 4 feeding and watering stations and the cats are starting to come to them!! We will give it a few weeks before we start trapping to get the cats use to coming to one area for food! Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve gotten reports now there are at least 20 cats in one area!! Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m going to start taking photos so I can place them in the Company Newsletter, etc. AzCATs will be helping with the trapping.

monica's six

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think a company is the perfect place for a TNR... Not only does it help the cats... but it gives the employees who like cats something to watch out their window! I remember working in an office park that was tucked into the woods. I loved watching the wildlife in the area... specifically the chipmunks! They were so cute and fast!

Please take pictures of the feeding stations and post them, I'd like to see what you've setup.
-

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Way cool! My friend thanks you for the low cost spay/neuter referrals. She's going to contact AZCats for help, as there are a whole lot more ferals than she can handle alone. Perhaps save a feeding station for her???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

houseofcats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Way cool! My friend thanks you for the low cost spay/neuter referrals. She's going to contact AZCats for help, as there are a whole lot more ferals than she can handle alone. Perhaps save a feeding station for her???
I've been talking with her and she's on AzCATs rescue log! She is going to meet us sometime and go feed at the park with us. I can't wait to meet her!! A feeding stations is very easy to set-up. You just need to get the right location, away from people, traffice, etc., get self waterers and feeders, if possible, and that's it!! Of course you need to check them on a regular basis and make sure all is OK. Arizona in the summers have major ant problems so sometimes the self feeders are impossible until winter.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard from her this morning and she is really excited about meeting you at the park. You will like Jennifer - one of the most giving cat people that I've ever met. She gave me her cattery (outdoor habit-trail for cats), a bunch of condos and many other cat items when she moved and didn't have the room to take them with her (I filled a 14 foot U-Haul trailer with cat items). I donated most of the condos, kennels, food bowls, toys and litter boxes to cat rescue people and kept 2 condos to help Emily adapt to my house (Emily had issues with one of her other cats and also doesn't travel well so I adopted her from her). Ask her about Albert when you see her! Her first priority (after speuter of course) is to try to socialize a feral cat, regardless of age. I commend anyone who attempts to do that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

houseofcats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I heard from her this morning and she is really excited about meeting you at the park. You will like Jennifer - one of the most giving cat people that I've ever met. She gave me her cattery (outdoor habit-trail for cats), a bunch of condos and many other cat items when she moved and didn't have the room to take them with her (I filled a 14 foot U-Haul trailer with cat items). I donated most of the condos, kennels, food bowls, toys and litter boxes to cat rescue people and kept 2 condos to help Emily adapt to my house (Emily had issues with one of her other cats and also doesn't travel well so I adopted her from her). Ask her about Albert when you see her! Her first priority (after speuter of course) is to try to socialize a feral cat, regardless of age. I commend anyone who attempts to do that.
She sounds like a wonderful person when I talked with her! I'm so happy to meet others that have this type of goal. I will take pictures when we go to the park and update everyone!