feeding two kittens different meals situation

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kittens are picky :lovecat4: and so I've wound up feeding them custom meals at each meal. sigh. How many people do this?

I am trying to move to wet only, but they do love dry food and since they are kittens I try to give them some for in between meals. As for wet they are picky. . .one prefers pate style, but with water added so it's more soupy and one prefers the shredded chicken style in TikiCat. I try and buy meat only brands (no fillers or veggies), so my options are more limited. But I have bought types they won;t touch, even though they must be hungry. agh.

So now I've been customizing to not waste food and give one the pate he likes and the other TikiCat afterdark that she loves. They are training me aren't they!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So now I've been customizing to not waste food and give one the pate he likes and the other TikiCat afterdark that she loves.
It sounds as though you're doing a good job for them!
Maybe leave them with kibble until they're a year and a half or so, because as you mentioned that gives them access to food between meals :)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just to answer your question about how many people do this...I do. One of mine eats raw, and the other eats canned. I definitely customize their food :rolleyes2:. I would be in 7th heaven if they would eat the same food, but it's just not meant to be. They don't even like the same treats, which are freeze dried raw. One likes one type, one likes another. Go figure, they ARE cats, after all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just to answer your question about how many people do this...I do. One of mine eats raw, and the other eats canned. I definitely customize their food :rolleyes2:. I would be in 7th heaven if they would eat the same food, but it's just not meant to be. They don't even like the same treats, which are freeze dried raw. One likes one type, one likes another. Go figure, they ARE cats, after all.
OH yeah, the treats! One will eat almost any treat. The other rotisserie chicken only. If it's anything dry forget it. :rolleyes: