Feeding kitten

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What brand and flavor are you feeding your kitten?

Looking to see what others are feeding

Science diet kitten dry
Fancy feast kitten wet

Trying to find something without chicken or by products

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any actual sensitivity to chicken? If so neither of those foods are good, fancy feast has unnamed meats, science diet has a lot of fillers (corn etc) cats can't digest corn and it is a common trigger for intestinal issues.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What about Blue healthy growth dry -it does have chicken broth but the main protein is turkey.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No sure allergy but I don't like the fact that there are fillers and meat by products regardless of allergy or not.

I will have to take a trip to petco

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tractor Supply carries a no grain wet called 4Health Untamed. It has a lot fewer ingredients than a lot of cat foods. They have duck, chicken, turkey, whitefish, tuna, and more.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiki Cat After dark is appropriate for all life stages, as is Rawz pate. If you’re on a budget, you’re looking at brands like Fancy Feast, American Journey, and Tiny Tiger.

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten really likes fancy feast classics and she also likes Instinct kitten, wasn’t crazy about tiki cat kitten.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
No sure allergy but I don't like the fact that there are fillers and meat by products regardless of allergy or not.

I will have to take a trip to petco
I can tell you fancy feast has unspecified byproduct in it.

Personally I'm ok with byproduct if it's not first ingredient and if it's named (ie chicken byproduct or beef byproduct)

But yeah if I don't know what it is coming from I avoid it.

I had a cat who couldn't have anything with corn or rice because it made her throw up. I eventually ended up using primal pheasant nuggets for her because everything else seemed to either make her chew her front paws raw or throw up. It got so bad the vet had to declaw a couple of her toes because they got infected from the chewing. Not declaw but remove part of the toe because she ripped it off.

Last edited: