Feeding Bright Eyes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a Costco membership, I found the least expensive Cosequin was online from Costco. They don’t carry Dasuquin, unfortunately.
Yes, we do have a CostCo membership; I get shelled pistachios there at a ridiculously low price, and last year both the best prices and the best formulation of flu vaccine came from their pharmacy.

Thanks.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Jasmine insinuated herself into the sewing room this morning while Bright Eyes was having his breakfast, used his scratching post, and waited for him to attack her. I broke it up with a loud "Uh-uh"; they separated; Bright Eyes turned his back on her to get a drink of water (which he could have done without turning his back); she waited and gave his backside a couple of slow blinks; and when he returned to his breakfast she hissed and yowl growled so I chased her out. :sigh: Predictable, but they're both interested so I figure that short supervised visits may be the way to let them work it out, as long as they still respond correctly to loud noises and I'm not having to use physical force to separate them.

Bright Eyes isn't at all picky about his food; he'll eat whatever I feed him, so he's about to go on Luvsome, the Kroger store brand which is Jasmine's favorite. It means that they can each have a new flavor at successive meals - no leftovers - and it will be easy to get fish out of his diet. The remainder of his old food can go to a friend of a friend who's feeding a feral colony.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bright Eyes came out for a few hours tonight, and the worst we got was a bit of growling from Jasmine and hissing from Bright Eyes. Then Jasmine retreated to her bed on top of the living room bookcase (putting her above everyone else, especially Bright Eyes :lol:) and Bright Eyes explored for a bit, but when I attempted to pet him he was feeling skittish and returned to his safe room, so I turned off the light and shut the door. This is definitely progress.

He now feels comfortable enough (at least when in his safe room) to engage in interactive play, with either a fishing rod toy or his very own laser pointer, but I still haven't heard any evidence that he's chasing his balls when he's alone in there.

Right now my biggest worry is that Bright Eyes spit up yesterday, and the contents make me think that he's having a bit of trouble with the grain free food, so I need to add some more of his junk food kibble into his bowl. If he's out of the safe room he'll only find the grain free, and if the door to the safe room is left open Jasmine will find the junk food and start gaining weight again. Any ideas?

Margret

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
happy post!!! So glad they are starting to get along and that he feels good enough to play.

Sweet gum likes it when the laser pointer game ends on a toy - ball or mouse - that she can grab. Got cha, RED DOT!!!!