Feeding A Nocturnal Creature

Nathan1123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I'm super new to owning a cat, so forgive me if I sound completely off the rails.

My cat is only really active at night, and for the entire day stays sleeping in one room. If I try to put out food for her during the day, it seems she just ignores it. When I put out food at night before I go to bed, however, she eats the whole thing. I can't leave food out for too long, as it is wet food and after a while it becomes stale.

So here is my problem: If my cat is only active when I am asleep, it seems I'm only able to give it one meal. If the cat needs a second meal sometime within a 24 hour period, either it or I am not conscious enough to make that happen. What do you think? She seems content atm, but I don't think I should only be giving one meal.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried two meals per day, like maybe 7am and 7pm?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would put down the evening meal as you do now. Then put down another meal as soon as you get up? Chances are she will get up at some point during the day. Some wet foods are fine left out for the day, some do get dried out.

I feed wet, but also a very low card dry food. Dr. Elseys chicken. I leave it out for them to nibble on, then i dont have to worry :)