Feeding a Kitten

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So little Mouse is staying at our house so I would like to feed her raw.  She is 7 weeks old now and weighs 1# 5oz, she is a little pig and will eat until she pops.  How much should I be feeding the little stink?  She is LOVING my big kitties recipe (catinfo.org with extra supplements...that are safe for kittens).  So how much should I feed?  How often does she need fed?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, I've always heard to let them eat as much as they want, just can you just put some out and if she eats it all, put some more out, and just keep doing that? 

That's the only advise I've got.  Is someone there to put food out often for her, since she's so young?  Obviously you can't let her free feed raw

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately that is my dilemma, we both work, I have 10 hour days, but I am gone from about 7am to 7pm with commuting.  Hubby is gone from 8:30am to about 6:30pm so it's a long time for her to go without food.  Right now I am just taking her to work with me and feeding her while I am at work during the day.  We do have Sat, Sun, Mon and where someone is home during the day, but Wednesdays is my half day so I am home up until 12:30pm and home after 7pm.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
At 7 wks she she get around 5 meals daily, as much as she can eat at each meal.

It may be more practical to provide her a high quality dry food as a supplement until she gets old enough to eat 3 daily meals.

Last edited: