Feeding A Kitten Adult Food

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have run out of kitten food and can't get to the supermarket to get more until tomorrow but I do have a box of adult food that I bought by accident. Will they be okay on this until tomorrow?

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Is is dry food or wet food. I don't think wet food really matters as much, but it probably isn't good to switch up the dry food quickly. That needs a slow transition.

Dry food is more concentrated , so I think its more important to get kitten dry food than to get kitten wet food. But still, Kitten food in general wasn't invented until recent years, and 10 years ago we all still had kittens and no "kitten food" and they all lived and were fine.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Unless they have sensitive stomach and react to sudden food change. Nutrient-wise no danger for such short period

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is is dry food or wet food. I don't think wet food really matters as much, but it probably isn't good to switch up the dry food quickly. That needs a slow transition.

Dry food is more concentrated , so I think its more important to get kitten dry food than to get kitten wet food. But still, Kitten food in general wasn't invented until recent years, and 10 years ago we all still had kittens and no "kitten food" and they all lived and were fine.
It's wet food and they seem to have enjoyed it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unless they have sensitive stomach and react to sudden food change. Nutrient-wise no danger for such short period
Okay, thank you.