Feedback On Diet?

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Man...I sure wish we lived near a place that sold commercial raw! The closest place is Atlanta, which is an hour and a half away :bawling2::bawling:

junior2725

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know I’m a little late on this thread but also look into any raw coops in your area. I just joined a coop in my area for raw feeders. They do a monthly order with Rad Cat, Answers, and Northwest Naturals among other things. I checked and the price through the coop for 24oz Rad Cat of either Venison, lamb, or beef is $12.48. Turkey, chicken or pork is 12.08.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MargoLane

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know I’m a little late on this thread but also look into any raw coops in your area. I just joined a coop in my area for raw feeders. They do a monthly order with Rad Cat, Answers, and Northwest Naturals among other things. I checked and the price through the coop for 24oz Rad Cat of either Venison, lamb, or beef is $12.48. Turkey, chicken or pork is 12.08.
Thanks! I checked around and I don't see any Co-Ops in my Toronto. But success! When I was looking around for co-ops, I found Big Country Raw. They do blends, as well as pure meats and like RadCat, no vegetables, carbs or fillers They have 6 cat flavours that have 10% bone content (all others have 15-25) and it seems almost as affordable as making your own raw.

I'll list the full run down of 10% bone content flavours for anyone looking in the future:
-Farm Fest (beef, turkey, lamb) 14.99 for 4 lbs
-Pure Beef: 14.99 for 4 lbs
-Pure Pork: 14.99 for 4 lbs
-Pure Kangaroo: 29.99 for 4 lbs
-Pure Lamb: 19.99 for 4 lbs
-Pure Buffalo: 29.99 for 4 lbs

This would bring my daily cost down to 1.00 per day for the cheaper meats and 2.00 a day for the expensive meats. Huge savings from 3.50 a day. And they deliver! I emailed them with a bunch of questions about how their facility is inspected, how they test their batches and how they publish recalls. I also asked if they provide any samples. Will update when I hear back from them!

Last edited:

Jaxx

The cat with thumbs
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Im from Toronto as well. I've found that Big country raw is great and is what my cat prefers, but Iron will raw is good too, especially for trying out new proteins, as all of their meats are available in one pound containers, as well as four pounds, whereas most of Big Country Raw's pure formulas are in four pound boxes.

When I spoke to Big Country Raw about samples they told me only their Dinners were available for samples, so that wasnt too much help for what I wanted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MargoLane

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! Im from Toronto as well. I've found that Big country raw is great and is what my cat prefers, but Iron will raw is good too, especially for trying out new proteins, as all of their meats are available in one pound containers, as well as four pounds, whereas most of Big Country Raw's pure formulas are in four pound boxes.

When I spoke to Big Country Raw about samples they told me only their Dinners were available for samples, so that wasnt too much help for what I wanted.
I haven't check out Iron Will Raw, but I'll take a look. Big Country has been a hit so far! Do you supplement with anything other than Omega 3 oil?