Feed Only Favorite Flavor?

Lenox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mookie eats only wet food. She seems to like beef-flavor more than all other flavors. And she dislikes fish flavors the most. Should I feed her only beef going forward? Will she have nutritional deficiencies if I do so?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most commercial canned foods are complete diets so, no, your cat will not have any nutritional deficiencies she eats only beef. Eating one protein can be boring and sometimes leads to a food sensitivity later in life. Include other meats in your cat's diet every now and then. Add toppers if your cat just picks at other meats. Not liking fish is ok :) Fish isn't good for cats anyways except as an occasional treat.

Do you feed different brands of food? Sometimes a cat might not eat, say, chicken from one brand but will eat chicken from another brand.

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vega gets turkey and chicken flavors on weekdays and others on weekends. Her treats are also non-turkey or chicken, sometimes raw beef, lamb or quail, or gently oven baked beef heart. I don't want she gets bored ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lenox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info. Regarding your question on brands, yes, this is across various brands. She definitely prefers some brands to others, but she consistently dislikes fish flavors and likes beef flavor. And chicken/turkey are in the middle.

She currently is eating Merrick Perfect Bistro Grain-Free 3 ounce cans.