favorite scary movie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Night of the Living Dead.

I always get this confused with Return of the Living Dead. Return of the Living Dead was what i meant to put down. that movie scares the crap out of me, which is why i dont watch it often!

sixth sense was great! M. Night Shyamalan is one of the new masters of suspense. Signs also. Nightmare on Elm Street (got the boxed set) was awesome. Poltergeist, Excorcist were spooky!!

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love scary movies! I actually wrote a research paper in college titled 'From Psycho to Scream: The Evolution of the Slasher Film.' That was a fun one to research!

Some of my favorites:
Psycho
Night of the Living Dead
Nightmare on Elm Street (1st and 3rd movies)
Friday the 13th
Scream

And these, all based on Stephen King stories:
The Shining
Salem's Lot
Carrie (not really scary, but good horror)

And I really want to see '28 Days Later' but my husband doesn't like scary movies and I don't want to go alone. So I need to wait until my sister can watch it with me.

luxshine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Suzy, Is there any way I could read your research paper? Horror (Movies or written stories) is a passion of mine, and I always like to read theory or critisism on the genre.

I really don't have a favorite scary movie, but some of the ones I like a lot are:

Nightmare on Elm Street (1st)
Scream (1st)
The People Under the Stairs
The Shining (Although I'm more partial to the miniseries)
The Ring (And Ringu, the original)
The Sixth Sense
Misery

-Adalisa

v.a.c.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Ring (a definite must see)
Maximum Overdrive (I don't know why but something about that movie gives me the heebie-jeebies)
Pet Semetary
Cujo (This movie mad me sleep with the lights on for weeks when I first saw it when I was a kid)