Favorite kitty technology?

Annieca2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Of all the cat related technology out there, what's your favorite? Water tracking fountains? Litter boxes that track deposits? Automatic litter boxes?

For me, I love my automatic feeder because I don't get The Paw (TM) at 5am. I've been considering the microchip feeders but I'm not sure I want to bite that price bullet considering I'd need two.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite is the humble microchip, no bigger than a grain of rice, this little device is your cat's ticket home.

Collars are great but can fall off or be removed by not nice people. If someone steals your cat, the microchip will prove in court that you are the owner.

Veterinary medicine too, we are seeing animals live much longer and happier lives thanks to advances in surgery, medication, and therapy.

SDMA screening for example now allows vets to detect kidney issues at as little as 25% loss of function vs the old creatinine test which only detects issues once 70% loss of function has occured.

Since we can detect it earlier we can start treatment earlier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Annieca2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My favourite is the humble microchip, no bigger than a grain of rice, this little device is your cat's ticket home.

Collars are great but can fall off or be removed by not nice people. If someone steals your cat, the microchip will prove in court that you are the owner.
Oh yes, the microchip ranks really high. My girls are indoor-only but I take comfort in the fact if they do get lost and someone captures them and takes them to a place where they get scanned, my phone number will pop up.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep wondering if they’ve invented microchips w/ apps that can track your cat in real time. Might not be great for the cat though (I know there are collars with cams). I adore my auto feeder b/c it allows me to sleep in. However, I worry about al this technology. As Zorro keeps reminding me, nothing can take the place of a lap & some good purrs. :petcat:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pet notify intellitag from amazon
And
The fido/tabby alert (you can get 1 free QR code tag when you sign your pet up)
I have both of these plus she is microchiped
My baby is an indoor only cat but I wanted to take extra precautions incase she ever gets out someone can scan the code and my info will pop up or if they take her to an animal shelter they can also scan her for a microchip

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep wondering if they’ve invented microchips w/ apps that can track your cat in real time. Might not be great for the cat though (I know there are collars with cams). I adore my auto feeder b/c it allows me to sleep in. However, I worry about al this technology. As Zorro keeps reminding me, nothing can take the place of a lap & some good purrs. :petcat:
They do have gps tracking collars like this one. It does have live tracking.

Attachments

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is a cordless water fountain. It took a long time for Mingo to get used to it, but he drinks plenty of water now and I don't have to keep filling his bowl.