favorite collars?

catsnotkids

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been looking at old threads and see ragtime and beastie bands seem to be most preferred types. Any advice on why to choose one over another?

I got a cheap breakaway one from the local store already, it has come off twice in 3 days and this time I can't find it anywhere in the house, so not really sure if I should give up. He doesn't seem bothered by it but it sure comes off easily!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ragtime here, they are just so light and comfortable, when the kitties have them on, the kitties don't even notice it. They are really great.

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am a huge fan of Premier Twice as Nice Kitty Collar. All my cats wear them and nobody has a problem with them. I love these collars because they don't only just have the break away safety snap but the whole collar is made of stretch elastic. I have found the collars on the floor still snapped together, i leave everybodys collars really loose so more times than none they slide off during a rough and tumble session. The collar has a bell and a ring that you can attach a name tag too. Hopefully you'll check these collars out and maybe give them a try.

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd like to get collars for my two guys. Especiallysince they are both black it would make it easier to tell them apart at just a quick glance.

We got them some collars from Wal-mart about a month ago, but they went wild with the little bell the collars had.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought Ragtime collars for all my cats, but they kept losing them. I think the breakaway buckles they use must come apart pretty easily because I was constantly searching for fallen off collars. My cats are young and 4 are littermates so they do roughhouse quite a bit. I bought 6 collars from them but I only have two left, the others are missing, the cats eventually lost them somewhere in the house and I have not been able to find them again.
I really like that they can be embroidered with contact info, but if they come off so easily they won't be very helpful if a cat gets lost.
I recently got two Beastie Bands and so far they have stayed on much better, I've only had a cat pull theirs off once and I think I had it on too loose.
I use Boomerang CollarTags on the collars, they're like a nameplate so there is nothing hanging down off the collar.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i like the ragtime ones best, but prior to finding them, i used beastie bands. the latter are great for kittens, because you can cut them down to size.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsnotkids

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Sounds like I would be okay with either then.

ronss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat hates collars...the first day home from the humaine society, he was trying to get it off...i took it off, my cat will not have a collor on his neck ....not natural.....

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally love these handmade collars. I have bought from her several times and they are really high quality and better than what you can get at the store..lots of variety to choose from AND part of the proceeds go to rescue.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/rescuepaws

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used a breakaway collar on Wessie, except he lost two. Wessie lost them a lot, we would find them a long time later, except for the last time he lost them. Now that he is inside full time he doesn't wear one. I advise a little bell so you can hear your cat.