Favorite Christmas Movies/shows/christmas Episodes

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not see a thread for this. If there is, please, direct me to it.

What is your favorite Christmas movie or show? I am not Christian, but I have such a soft spot for Christmas movies.

My favorites are movies and shows are Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey, It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, The Man Who Invented Christmas, A Christmas Carol (the one with Reginald Owen), Meet Me in St. Louis, Bachelor Mother, The Miracle at Morgan's Creek, and Jack Frost.

My favorite episodes are Doctor Who "The Husbands of River Song," Hey Arnold! Christmas Special, Buffy the Vampire Slayer "Amends," every single Call the Midwife special, The Office "Christmas Part," The X-Files "How the Ghosts Sole Christmas," Raising Hope "It's a Hopeful Christmas," and Downton Abbey "Christmas at Downton Abbey" (Season2, Episode 9).

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there was a Question of the Day along this line, but I'll join in.
I went through movies, but I always have to vote for Charlie Brown's Christmas. That little tree story was pretty cool.
I also saw the Garfield Christmas when it first came out. My favorite back then was Odie but now I'm all about the Grandma. I love her attitude and moxie.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, it would be a toss up between It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, or the version of A Christmas Carol with Alistair Sim.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Die Hard. Can't have Christmas without it.
All the Doctor Who Christmas specials.
I also really like Jingle All the Way.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elf is my favourite; followed by The Muppets Christmas Carol and the Snowman.
My favourite Christmas episodes are the episode from Gavin and Stacey, all the Friends Christmas episodes, The Office Christmas part, the Christmas episode of Miranda and the Royale Family.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Love Actually
Home Alone
Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story

(I'm also not Christian, but Christmas is a magical and delightful to me haha!)

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Oops I almost forgot Krampus (2015)

PS this thread gave me inspo, Boyfie and I are watching Christmas Vacation now. :)
21b938.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Elphaba09 Elphaba09 I also LOVE Nestor! I love all the Rankin/bass specials. I think my favorite is The Year Without a Santa Claus. The Heat Miser is my spirit animal. :sunshine:

I also like

Elf
A Christmas Story
The Santa Clause
A Miracle on 34th St
Bad Santa
The Holiday (Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jack Black and Jude Law) It's worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

I liked the Charlie Brown special when I was a kid but the older I got the less I liked it and now I'm over it completely.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also LOVE Nestor!
So many people have no idea who Nestor is! I am happy to see that I am not alone in my love for him! Ears, Nestor! I am not a crybaby, but this makes me happy cry. I am nearly 44, so I have been watching it since it came out and it still gets to me. (Nestor, Vincent and the Doctor (from Doctor Who), Shakespeare in Love, It's a Wonderful Life, The Hey Arnold Christmas Special, and The Ghost and Mrs. Muir are the only movies/shows that have ever caused me to get teary.)

My husband and his family had never watched it. His mother will be seeing it for the first time this year: We got her an early Christmas gift and gave her the DVD a few days ago so that she and our niece can watch it together. All I can say is that she better like it!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So many people have no idea who Nestor is! I am happy to see that I am not alone in my love for him! Ears, Nestor! I am not a crybaby, but this makes me happy cry. I am nearly 44, so I have been watching it since it came out and it still gets to me. (Nestor, Vincent and the Doctor (from Doctor Who), Shakespeare in Love, It's a Wonderful Life, The Hey Arnold Christmas Special, and The Ghost and Mrs. Muir are the only movies/shows that have ever caused me to get teary.)

My husband and his family had never watched it. His mother will be seeing it for the first time this year: We got her an early Christmas gift and gave her the DVD a few days ago so that she and our niece can watch it together. All I can say is that she better like it!
I noticed that too. It's definitely a favorite of mine. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's like Rudolph but instead of going the whole Santa route, it's more religious going towards the manger scene. Here's a clip

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape:

My husband was trying to find a Nestor ornament for our Yule tree, but the ones that are reasonably priced just do not look right. The ones that get him right are painfully expensive.