Fatty Liver? Is This The End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgr17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat Dexter has been battling Pancreatitis for a little over a month. He lost a ton of weight due to lack of appetite and vomiting. After several vet visits medications and having to force feed him, it seemed we finally turned a corner about 1 week ago. He started eating on his own again, playing and returning to his normal happy self. Fast forward to yesterday. He didn't have much appetite and was pretty lethargic. He kept going and sitting in my spare bedroom, alone in the corner. Today I get home from work and he's extremely lethargic. He won't eat and his inner ears and lips are tinted yellow. I can't afford the emergency vet, but I really don't think he is going to survive the night. Is this liver failure. Id do anything to save him but I've already stretched my finances treating the pancreatitis. Im going to take him to the vet first thing tomorrow, but I'm not going to be able to afford hospitalization. Is this the end? I'm devastated.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Dexter's sudden decline. :frown: I thought this Article about liver disease might be helpful and address some of your concerns:
Liver Disease In Cats

As far as not being able to afford the ER vet or hospitalization at your own vet, here is another Article that discusses financial assistance:
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

Please consider taking Dexter to the ER vet tonight if you feel he is in pain or suffering. Best of luck and keep us updated on his progress. :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tgr17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sadly, Dexter went to kitty heaven this morning. The vet said even aggressive treatment would only have a slim chance of helping him. Rather than let him suffer, I let him go. He took his last breath in my arms. I'm sure going to miss him.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
tgr17 tgr17 the TCS team would like you to know that we are so very sorry for your loss. Most of us know the feeling of bereavement when we lose our cat companions and our hearts go out to you.

Threads are locked after someone has suffered such a loss, as a sign of respect. We invite you to place a tribute at our Crossing the Bridge forum as an enduring testimony to Dexter.

.............................................RIP dear Dexter
...........................................:rbheart:..:rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.