Fat cat!

cluster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, well not exessively fat, but she's put on a few pounds ~ lol
What do you guys suggest I feed her? She's 2.5 years old now.
Science Diet, or maybe another type of cereal?

Any advice would be appreciated~

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before you put her on a diet I suggest a check up and let your Vet tell you on how to best go about it in a safe, slow way!!

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would also talk to the vet first and have an exam before you start a diet! I also would recommend a different kind of food, one with less fillers!!! Nutro weight management!

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much does she weigh? My cats are each 13 pounds. I am going really slowly. I just cannot cut their food totally in half! I bet now that Humble has 2/3 cup of dry food a day.
Shenandoah gets 1 1/2 cans of Fancy Feast. He will not eat dry food.

They are both inside cats. They never go out.

I don;t think they are really fat, but I do not want them to get any bigger.

The vet says he will not fuss unless they get up to 14 pounds.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet check up first, and then a quality weight management kibble or switch to a wet food diet, plus increase exercise (daily play sessions, place food in a location where your kitty must go up or down a flight of stairs just to eat). Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care Weight Management is the food I use.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vet first... today I found out my yorkie is up to 13 lbs .. My vet said she is fine , she is a big yorkie but I thought she shouldnt be over 11lbs

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Suggestions for play? They like little play mice, but will only play if they are in the mood. They won't chase unless they want to play. They look at me as if I am NUTS if I run after them. Oh, and I don't have stairs. They are inside cats, too.

Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Vet check up first, and then a quality weight management kibble or switch to a wet food diet, plus increase exercise (daily play sessions, place food in a location where your kitty must go up or down a flight of stairs just to eat). Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care Weight Management is the food I use.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, they don't. They had something kinda like it, though. They lost interest after a while. I will look into that. If I do a google on it, I'll buy one. Do you have a site where I can see one?

Originally Posted by sharky

do they have a cat dancer??

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
go to the market place ... on this site... I just bought four

catguy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
cereal??? *shivers* The only thing cats should eat is fat and protein. About 60-70% protein and 30-40% fat.