Fat cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am curious how the 15-pound cat 'looks' and 'feels' when compared to the body condition chart I gave you. She may be OK to weigh that much - or at least close to that amount. Also, the basic guideline I noted for calories per pound is just that and doesn't necessarily apply to every cat. Cats do have different metabolisms just like humans. And activity levels vary from cat to cat, which can also affect their weight and how they burn calories.

Additionally, that dry food is probably full of more carbs/fats than the canned food, which can impact how food is metabolized as well, despite the calorie count. That would be like a person eating 200 calories of meat vs. 200 calories of potato chips every day - which one do you think would likely make that person gain weight easier?

I would compare that cat to the chart first and see what you think. I did fail to mention that most all adult cats have a primordial pouch - saggy skin right in front of their hind legs - no chart ever depicts that, but it is not to be taken as fat - it is perfectly natural and has no bearing on whether or not a cat is chubby.

EDIT: You should be able to edit posts afterward - for about 2 hours. Once you've hit "Post" an "Edit' option should appear in the lower left-hand corner of the post.
So not going for “cute” just trying to give you an idea of her body from different angles.
3B197529-B327-4EB6-B81A-6FD05969334B.jpeg
D31E8A1B-0ACA-42A3-81E9-C068D05040EE.jpeg
2F5EAA39-2DAD-4171-A19F-8FF7DB0A37B6.jpeg
51E08541-91B2-40E9-80E9-C44D2D9B05E1.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So not going for “cute” just trying to give you an idea of her body from different angles.
From those pics, she has some extra weight on her. I see the primordial pouch, which I forewarned you about. You see better than I can from pics, but I might put her at 7. She still 'slims in' at the hips.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
From those pics, she has some extra weight on her. I see the primordial pouch, which I forewarned you about. You see better than I can from pics, but I might put her at 7. She still 'slims in' at the hips.
The camera must slim her down, lucky girl haha