Farewell to Silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Silly apparently had a stroke last Monday. I have made an appointment to have her euthanized Wednesday morning. She went blind in the one eye she had, and the end of her tongue is hanging out constantly. She has lost her sense of balance and can't make it into the litter box.

I have had her for 14 years and she was a mother with kittens when I got her in the fall of 2000. She lost the right eye to Herpes in May of 2011, and last winter was sick a lot.

My heart is breaking. I will probably not be on here for a while.  Thank you in advance for all your sympathy and good wishes.

yoohoora

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*hugs*  I'm so sorry for your loss. How heartbreaking.  It sounds like you gave her a wonderful life, and I'm sure if she could talk, she would have thanked you. 

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you have to face this difficult time.  The rest of us are here to support your decision to end your baby's suffering.  We have also had to make this choice because of the love we have for our fur babies.  It is our final act of love, as much as it hurts.  Your kitty knows how much you love her.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no. 
  I'm so sorry about what has happened and that you've had to make this difficult decision. Give her lots of love and a kiss from all of us.

My thoughts are with you. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, no. I'm so sorry you've had to make that heartbreaking decision. Silly has had it so good with you,, and easing the transition is the right thing to do, but it still must hurt so much to lose her.
:hugs:

RIP, Silly.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very, very sorry for the loss of your beloved Silly, I know what a tremendous blow it can be to the heart and soul. You gave that beautiful cat 14 years of love and devotion and I'm sure she returned that love two fold. Please try to celebrate that love you two shared, don't dwell on the passing, it brings nothing but heartache and pain. She is at peace now, and secure in that special place in your heart where she will reside, never to be forgotten. Let us share your pain, we know what you are going through and would like to comfort you in any way we can. Take care of yourself........... RIP beautiful Silly, you were greatly loved! 

gverdugo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty. As many of us will repeat, you gave the kitty a good life, and they are most assuredly very grateful for the comfort and loving home they got. 

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very sorry.  I know how much you love your 'ladies'.  May her passing be peaceful.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aww...so sorry .... I pray for strength for you as you go through this most difficult time..

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so very sorry.. I know how much you love your cats and how your heart must be breaking.  Silly really couldn't have been in a more loving family since she found you.

Thinking of you with lots of care and support 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank all of you for the kind words and support. Yes, it is a tough decision. I made the appointment yesterday for tomorrow to see if she would start to recover. Unfortunately, she has been slowly getting worse. It is time to release her from all pain and frailties.  I only hope someone will do the same for me when the time comes.

I am getting ready to go to bed now. Her appointment is for 8:30 in the morning.

She will be added to my signature to be on the Internet forever. Please, when you see it, raise a glass or cup to her.

Three purring furballs,

asleep on my chest and arms.

I think I'll nap, too.

The last one is gone,

my purring cat comforters.

Life goes on, but sadder.

The first one was written in 2005, after I came home from my heart surgery. Silly on my stomach, Bear on my left arm, and Psy on my right arm.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss, Terry. Lots of hugs 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry. It is hard to let them go. We are all thinking of you in this difficult time.:nod:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Silly died peacefully this morning at 8:27. The vet gave her the injection without Silly complaining or scratching or growling. The vet had tears in her eyes, and said that Silly was one of her favorite patients.

The problem she had was a growing mass inside the front of her skull. My vet doesn't have the skill to do that complicated type of surgery, and even if I had the thousands of dollars to have it done 150 miles away, the prognosis would be very poor.

I have added Silly to my signature. I need some time away from the site, so don't panic when I don't post for several days.

Once again, thank you for all your thoughts and good wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.