Fancy Feast Pate Vs Mousse

zunarj5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've always fed my cats pate in order to avoid paying for useless carbs in the gravy. First I fed Sheba, then when Mars decided to gouge by dumping their cans in favor of Perfect Portions, I switched to Fancy Feast pate varieties. Now I see that FF cans seem to say mousse instead of pate. Is it still the same or is it different?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do you live? From what I can find, it says "mousse" on the Spanish cans but none of the others. Maybe your supplier was buying from a different country and now they're buying from a Spanish-speaking country. Looks like it's the same thing.

prairiepanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looking it up, it appears that the "mousse" is the texture of the pates they sell here in Canada (like mincemeat, but with more moisture), whereas the "pates" sold wherever the "mousse" is sold is more like the texture of spam (canned ham)

I've never seen the denser spam-like stuff here in Canada. Our fancy feast pates have always been the "mousse" type.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zunarj5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where do you live? From what I can find, it says "mousse" on the Spanish cans but none of the others. Maybe your supplier was buying from a different country and now they're buying from a Spanish-speaking country. Looks like it's the same thing.
It's what shows up on Amazon.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been buying FF pate for years, doesn't say mousse. I would be leary. You can get it for about the same price on Chewy.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you look at the Q & A section another person had the same question. The response was:
“We're sorry for the confusion, this is an image for a product sold in Mexico. We're not sure how this happened. Please know this product is still our Classic Salmon flavor. Again, we apologize for the confusion.”

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you look at the Q & A section another person had the same question. The response was:
“We're sorry for the confusion, this is an image for a product sold in Mexico. We're not sure how this happened. Please know this product is still our Classic Salmon flavor. Again, we apologize for the confusion.”
Third party vendor is buying the FF in the other country (much cheaper) and bringing back to US to sell.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard so many bad stories of buying pet food on amazon that at this point I would never order anything from there.