Fancy Feast Kitten Canned

coriejo24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I’ve been feeding my kitten, about 7 weeks, fancy feast kitten canned food. He seemed to be doing fine. Then a couple of days ago he started having diarrhea. I took him to the emergency vet and he checked out fine. But, they gave me Flagyl for him and it made him throw up. I talked to my vet and she said to stop the Flagyl and try sprinkling Fortiflora Probiotic on his food. I’ve been doing that and his poo has thickened a little. It’s not solid water anymore but definitely not normal. Anyway, as I was getting his food ready this morning I noticed on the FF can it says ‘made with real milk’. Could this possibly be what is causing the stomach upset. He has a vet appointment later this week for his first round of kitten vaccinations. I was just going to watch him, until then.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I’ve been feeding my kitten, about 7 weeks, fancy feast kitten canned food. He seemed to be doing fine. Then a couple of days ago he started having diarrhea. I took him to the emergency vet and he checked out fine. But, they gave me Flagyl for him and it made him throw up. I talked to my vet and she said to stop the Flagyl and try sprinkling Fortiflora Probiotic on his food. I’ve been doing that and his poo has thickened a little. It’s not solid water anymore but definitely not normal. Anyway, as I was getting his food ready this morning I noticed on the FF can it says ‘made with real milk’. Could this possibly be what is causing the stomach upset. He has a vet appointment later this week for his first round of kitten vaccinations. I was just going to watch him, until then.
U feeding the fancy feast creamy delights?????Cause it has touch of milk in it as u say...yes milk can cause diarrhea...and not settle to well on cats stomach..some cats that is...but they have other FANCY Feast variety

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
U feeding the fancy feast creamy delights?????Cause it has touch of milk in it as u say...yes milk can cause diarrhea...and not settle to well on cats stomach..some cats that is...but they have other FANCY Feast variety
No, the FF Kitten pate says "has a touch of real milk" on the can. It's a separate line than the Creamy Delights.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coriejo24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, not the creamy delights. It’s the pate kitten food.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would change foods. My kittens did well on Royal Canin pate, but there are better things out there. Fancy Feast is one of the lowest-quality foods available (although cats usually love it, of course).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coriejo24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would change foods. My kittens did well on Royal Canin pate, but there are better things out there. Fancy Feast is one of the lowest-quality foods available (although cats usually love it, of course).
I took him back to the vet this morning. She did a Coccidia and Giardia screen both negative so now I have him on hills I/d digestive canned. I don’t normally agree with the prescription foods but I wanted to see how this did.

Tuffysmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some Fancy Feast is now being made in France. My son got an order of this and his cat has had diarrhea and vomiting. My cat is still eating FF with no problems, but all of my cans say made in St Louis, Mo. Anyone else notice this?

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Switch to a high meat content kitten food. Like natures variety kitten canned or Merrick canned foods. Those always agreed with my cats when they were little. Or even higher quality canned all life stages will work as well.