Fancy feast flaked tuna - bones and bugs?

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have one cat who only eats this brand / flavor of food. Last month I purchased from my grocery store. I noticed the cans had large pieces of what seem to be bone. I went back to ordering at petsmart and that case was normal.
This week target had their animal products 20% off. The first can I opened has what looks like a shell of a black beetle.
Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Attachments

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eww. I can't say what the black stuff is, but that is a lot of bone. I've noticed the classic pates having more as well. I remember when there we no bone flakes in it.
I'm thinking of either finding another brand (but 1 of my 4 that eat a little wet every day is diabetic), but my choices are more limited and I can't afford premium wet food since 2 of the idiots refuse to way the same flavor twice in a row.😒 I'd be throwing out so much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Eww. I can't say what the black stuff is, but that is a lot of bone. I've noticed the classic pates having more as well. I remember when there we no bone flakes in it.
I'm thinking of either finding another brand (but 1 of my 4 that eat a little wet every day is diabetic), but my choices are more limited and I can't afford premium wet food since 2 of the idiots refuse to way the same flavor twice in a row.😒 I'd be throwing out so much.
Over the past couple of months I have started seeing a lot more bone but it has been very ground up. That one batch was big and sharp! I also notice a lot of inconsistency lately, like sometimes it is as much liquid as solid.
this cat has nerve damage from a bad tooth surgery. She has had many. It’s hard for her to eat, on top of being super picky. I’ve started trying some of the other pates but most everything gets thrown away. I’m resorting back to baby food most days.
I don’t know where to reach out to ff . the only contact email I can find is [email protected] . I sent pictures and asked to point me in the right direction this morning

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you get to baby food, buy something like EZ Complete & add it to the food

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’ll look this up , thank you
When I tried cooked meat or raw, I learned you needed something like that. Because there's still so much cats still need. I found EZ Complete was the only one that required nothing else added. So if you add that to the baby food, at least your baby will be getting much needed nutrients and vitamins. I had a girl that when having bad uri's, would only eat baby food so added that

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd give Fancy Feast a call. They might need to recall a bad batch. Seems like factory error.