Fancy Feast Classic

momtotomandjes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello -- I feed my cats Fancy Feast wet classic, usually any of the chicken/turkey/beef/liver combinations. I tried changing to different foods but they rejected them or had stomach issues, so this is what I give them, along with some Blue Buffalo Wilderness Dry chicken. My question is this: I recently bought cases of varieties that they like the best -- and they are all rejecting their favorites. If anyone feeds these to their cats, have they experienced the same thing from food bought recently? I'm wondering if there is a quality control issue, as it's very strange for them all (4) to reject them, particularly Chicken and Liver and Turkey and Giblets. Thank you for listening.

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We haven't had any issues with them here. I just bought a 30 pack a couple weeks ago and my cat has been eating them just fine.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine won't touch the pate ever since I introduced the gravy lovers. But, I haven't had any issues with those.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momtotomandjes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know if this helps, I bought my outdoor feral a 30 multi pack of pates, and she did not seem interested, she prefers friskies.
Thanks so much! Might try different foods, but they've been eating this stuff for a while so it just seemed strange to all turn their noses up at it at the same time.
We haven't had any issues with them here. I just bought a 30 pack a couple weeks ago and my cat has been eating them just fine.
Thank you for the info. I guess they're just being difficult. Will try something else.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My picky cats will do this. When I buy a case of something. But they just before i got my cases from amazon. My picky cats didnt want to eat the flavors they like. They were from walmart though.
The stores get the same cases you can buy online in bulk. My other cats are all eating them no problem.

tuffsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat also eats these FF wet classics and has had no problem.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo is something of a picky eater and is allergic to fish and seafood. By that, I mean he throws it back up, so we are limited to beef and poultry. I buy the variety pack at the grocery store, and keep the types circulating. I also pick up some beef and liver and chicken and liver and give him those, too. Beef is his least favorite, but the alternatives are limited so he has to eat it. I've just discovered the Gravy Lovers have a lower amount of phosphorus, so I will be getting those, too. He's had struvite crystals, so something with less phosphorus is good for him.

Lily gobbles everything down, even jalapeno bagels, so no worries about her.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello -- I feed my cats Fancy Feast wet classic, usually any of the chicken/turkey/beef/liver combinations. I tried changing to different foods but they rejected them or had stomach issues, so this is what I give them, along with some Blue Buffalo Wilderness Dry chicken. My question is this: I recently bought cases of varieties that they like the best -- and they are all rejecting their favorites. If anyone feeds these to their cats, have they experienced the same thing from food bought recently? I'm wondering if there is a quality control issue, as it's very strange for them all (4) to reject them, particularly Chicken and Liver and Turkey and Giblets. Thank you for listening.
My cats do this ALL the time. Especially right after I buy a case of something. What I do is put it aside and then reintroduce the food at a later time. It works. I will also use something as a topper to a pate. Something shredded, minced, etc or some crushed pure bites chicken breast treats. This works too. My girls are VERY picky eaters.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, my cats have been rejecting all their old favorite Fancy Feast lately. They used to love Grilled & Classic. I don't know if they changed the recipe or if my cats were just sick of it. So I've gone back to Friskies for now. They are rejecting some of the Friskies too that they have eaten for 3 years. Friskies has all new labels, I wonder if Purina is changing their recipes without telling us?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed recently that some of the FF pates look very different, more like the cuts, from the way they used to. Maybe the recipes really have changed.

Cinnabun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats rejecting food may not be due to recipe changes. They just may want a change of venue. I was ordering cases of food from my local Pet Valu store and the manager warned me about this. He said that's why they sell cat food in small tins (such as the 3 oz size). They're like kids that get sick of eating left overs all week.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had issues in the past with my cats getting sick from Fancy Feast. I think it's a quality control issue.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats rejecting food may not be due to recipe changes. They just may want a change of venue. I was ordering cases of food from my local Pet Valu store and the manager warned me about this. He said that's why they sell cat food in small tins (such as the 3 oz size). They're like kids that get sick of eating left overs all week.
I agree completely. That's why I keep circulating the varieties and throw in something completely different (like a chicken and tuna combo) every once in a while. In the wild, cats wouldn't eat the same specie of mice day after day.

Cinnabun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree completely. That's why I keep circulating the varieties and throw in something completely different (like a chicken and tuna combo) every once in a while. In the wild, cats wouldn't eat the same specie of mice day after day.
Very true!

happilyretired

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another possibility is the vendor. All of my cats have loved Fancy Feast, and for one guy, I was buying from Amazon.
Suddenly, with a new shipment, he wouldn't touch any of his favorite flavors (beef and chunky chicken), so I bought a few cans of the same flavors from my supermarket--and he ate them. I contacted Amazon, and told them that the food was 'off' (explaining what I'd done). They refunded me the cost, but I later learned that it's often a storage issue with big
vendors like Amazon, combined with 'older' food. It was suggested that I buy from a pet site, and I switched to Chewy with no problems at all.