Fancy Feast Classic Liver & Chicken Pate

chandler49

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've tried all the expensive foods with fruits veggies etc. No go. Have found that my cat only likes pate style of Fancy Feast Liver & Chicken + Nutro Natural Choice Chunky Chicken. My concern with the Fancy Feast is that liver is the 1st ingredient. Is this good or bad? Both of these have carb levels of less than 1% dry matter which is excellent.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats dont need fruits and veggies. They put that un the food as fillers and to make humans think the food is better. Organs are good to eat. I dont think its a problem. Fancy feast classics are pretty decent

Evie's Mommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its good for them! That flavor also doesn't have fish in it which makes it even better.

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Other 2 pate, chicken feast and turkey&giblets feast, are decent, too. If your kitty likes the liver flavor, these 2 may be accepted as well.

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed the FF liver & chicken right now too, granted it's not the only one I feed but I read that it's nearly impossible to get a vitamin A toxicity (the worry with liver) with commercial pet foods. They have to meet the AAFCO standards which not only include minimums for certain vitamins, but also maximums. Even with liver being the first ingredient, it cannot have anymore Vitamin A than other foods.

Last edited:

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Check your foods on the catinfo.org chart. Some of the Fancy Feast are good for protein and not too high in fat with low carbs.