Fancy Feast Being Taken Off Shelves?

kuri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is something going on with the cat food brand Fancy Feast? It has been taken off the shelf at my local Walmart and I noticed it is even out of stock on Chewy.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I knew about Petco removing it in their move to go to "better" foods but I'm still seeing it here at my local Walmart, and on chewy.... Where are you located, (generally)?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Fancy Feast shelves at the local Walmart were empty last night. BUT, they were rearranging their pet section, and there were places on the shelves for the Fancy Feast price tags, so I'm inclined to think that was a local thing or a temporary shortage. Maybe they're changing their labels, that always causes a short disruption in the supply chain.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know they are making a new variety with coconut milk in it. I didn't even know that cats could have coconut milk. :headscratch:
Weird. There must be a lot of it available for cheap. Maybe it's a by-product of coconut oil that's all the rage now. The government has vast stores of milk and cheese powder (they buy it to keep dairy prices steady) so that's why so many pet foods have milk or cheese in them, but I never would have thought there would be a surplus of coconut milk.

Oops, I was at a different Walmart today and I meant to look at the shelves, but I didn't need any cat food this time so I forgot to look. I didn't notice any huge blank spaces when I walked by though.