False Pregnancy? Or Real?

Calzboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I took in a lovely cat, took her to the vets to be spayed and the vets said he won’t do it as she only has 2-3 weeks to go in her pregnancy or if she doesn’t give birth it’s a false pregnancy- that was nearly 3 weeks ago. It may be a silly question but I can now feel and see lots of movement is this definatly kittens or should I be worried about anything else. The vet was very happy with her and said she was in good condition no worms or fleas.
I’m just wondering if now I can see movement it could still be a false pregnancy? Attached a pic of her .

Thank you

Also she will be getting spayed as soon as this is all over.

Attachments

bklyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you are feeling movement, then those are kittens and she is pregnant. Vets often get due dates wrong so it's hard to say how long she has left, but movement indicates she is near the final stage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Calzboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah ok thank you very much, she definatly acts pregnant but obviously what the vet said made me wonder, I took her in in January at the end so it must of been before then as I haven’t let her go out, just a waiting game I suppose

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am a bit worried with your vet. They should be able to tell you if she is pregnant or not. Not tell you she will give birth in around 3 weeks, if not, she isnt pregnant. That's weird.

The movement surely must be kittens. Have you felt and saw them move for a long time? They start moving around 7 weeks (some earlier, some later) , so if you felt them move for 2 weeks, you know she should be close.

Calzboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They basically said ‘there is a lot going on in there’ if she doesn’t give birth in 2-3 weeks it’s a false pregnancy but since then I’ve felt lots of ripples and pokes, I’ve felt that for about 1 week but to be honest before that I sort of thought ok it’s a false pregnancy and stopped feeling. So could be 2 weeks I have no clue, I asked for an ultrasound but the vet said there’s no point just wait and see what happens, I said well can I have her spayed if it’s a false pregnancy and he was very reluctant to do that either. I’m now assuming she must only have around a week to go but I have no idea

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I think it is best to just sit and wait. Could be any moment now, but could also be 2 more weeks.

Best is to look at her. As long as she eats well, poops, pees and seems healthy and happy, she will be okay :)

Calzboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s doing well so far her belly is huge. And she finally decided to go in her birthing box today so we shall see x

Calzboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i took in a cat on the 24th jan roughly she was pregnant before that as I haven’t let her out, so I’m assuming she’s due pretty soon. I’ve noticed she’s now leaking milky clear fluid from her nipples . How long do they have this before they give birth?

Thank you
She will be getting spayed after the kittens are weAned.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No standing rule, but its certainly near. Has she "dropped"?

She has a collor on her, seems quite tight. What sort of collar is it? If its anti-flea collar you shall take it off. Its only Servesto collar by Bayer which is decently safe.

Calzboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her collar is not tight no, I will be taking off very soon it has a bell on it so I can find her she tends to hide around the house. I have no idea if she has ‘dropped’ she’s walking quite strange

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Once milk comes in, it’s usually no more than a week until delivery.

Calzboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just an update she’s defo pregnant had an ultrasound today she’s carrying ‘multiple’ all look good, should have them this week! Xx

Calzboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think I’ll do I’ll take a read thanks xx