Ezcomplete For Cat With Chicken Allergy?

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello there,

I have a cat with a chicken allergy/ intolerance. I see that the Ezcomplete contains chicken livers so while I'm interested in the product, I was wondering if anyone here uses it without issue with a cat that reacts to chicken. I don't feed raw yet but I'm doing research to figure out what method/ recipe/ etc I might like to try.

Thanks for any feedback!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my cats has a chicken allergy but chicken liver certainly contains chicken protein which would trigger an allergic reaction in a cat that is allergic to chicken.

Have you considered Alnutrin? It doesn't contain liver but requires that liver be added but you could substitute beef liver for chicken liver.

What is it that makes you think your cat has a problem with chicken?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
None of my cats has a chicken allergy but chicken liver certainly contains chicken protein which would trigger an allergic reaction in a cat that is allergic to chicken.

Have you considered Alnutrin? It doesn't contain liver but requires that liver be added but you could substitute beef liver for chicken liver.

What is it that makes you think your cat has a problem with chicken?
The fact she vomits every day, loses weight, and licks all the fur from her stomach and inner legs when given it in any form (Dry, canned, raw). Even if she sneaks a bite from a plate left unattended she is miserable.

I have and still am considering Alnutrin, I just likes the ease of the EZComplete.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I make my own mix. I've got a few issues with better in the raw.

Egg yolk, calcium lactate, beef liver powder, gelatin, whey protein concentrate, psyllium husks, EFA from fish oil, taurine, kelp, barley grass powder, Vitamin B complex, Vitamin E succinate.

Why are they adding whey protein? Where is the kelp from? And why barley grass powder? I'm allergic to barley grass so I would have an issue with it. I would go alnutrin until I felt comfortable mixing my own. But that's just my opinion.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With an allergy problem, you are going to have to be more particular. The chicken liver powder would probably cause a reaction, but there is a slim change it wouldn't. I wouldn't purchase it for a trial, but the company might offer a "trial size" if you wanted to risk it.

I also add my own supplements individually, so I know "how much of what ingredient" goes into my cats, and also so I can choose natural over synthetic supplements. (Hopefully most of the premixes use natural supplements - I haven't had a need to analyze any of them.) Alnutrin does seem to be highly regarded from what users have posted here.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess the allure of the others is I don't have to add bone or liver, both of which are hard to find locally for me. I see TCFeline also offers a beef liver version, but also contains whey protein.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could use Alnutrin and add your own beef liver powder. I know it isn't as convenient as an all-in-one but might suit your needs.

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
EZComplete offers samples (Samples), but I don't know if I'd risk it.

I use Alnutrin w/ Eggshell Calcium in my rotation, but I prefer to self-supplement.

And valentine319 valentine319 , (standardized) kelp is often used as a source of iodine. It's an alternative to using lite salt, especially if you want to avoid adding too much sodium.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess the allure of the others is I don't have to add bone or liver, both of which are hard to find locally for me. I see TCFeline also offers a beef liver version, but also contains whey protein.
If you wanted to do you own mix and need a bone/calcium substitute, the Dr. Becker recommends microcrystalline hydroxyapatite.
The Importance of Raw Bones for Dogs and Cats

You could probably also find dried liver in capsules.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You could use Alnutrin and add your own beef liver powder. I don't it isn't as convenient as an all-in-one but might suit your needs.
The beef liver powder doesn't seem too complicated and I don't know why I didn't think of it!

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you like I can help you figure out how much to use of what ever product you choose.
I will definitely ask for your help as soon as I figure that part out. Thank you so much!

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd suggest using alnutrin over something like BITR. Ezcomplete is a great product, but it may or may not be an issue. I'm always suspect when someone says their cats have a true protein allergy unless they've fed 100% raw and ruled out anything that could possibly be the trigger in commercial foods. It sounds like maybe you've done that, though.