EZcomplete 20% off

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered up a large bag this time! Pulled chicken breast is still their favorite... which figures because it's the most labor-intensive food to make.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I ordered up a large bag this time! Pulled chicken breast is still their favorite... which figures because it's the most labor-intensive food to make.
I have a large bag in my fridge but I'm thinking about ordering another one since the promo is going 

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Throw the chicken in the crockpot, cook on low all day with some liquid. Falls apart when it's done cooking. Seriously, just stick a fork in and the whole breast shreds in 5 seconds. 

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing this! I have been wanting to try adding in some home cooked cat food to my cats rotation and have been looking to buy some EZcomplete :)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing this! I have been wanting to try adding in some home cooked cat food to my cats rotation and have been looking to buy some EZcomplete
I hope your cats like it! Ours love the combinations of cooked chicken and pork that I've been feeding them.

Throw the chicken in the crockpot, cook on low all day with some liquid. Falls apart when it's done cooking. Seriously, just stick a fork in and the whole breast shreds in 5 seconds. 
I'm going to have to try this! (Though maybe I'll look for a smaller crockpot first: somehow, I'm not sure how, I have a gigundo one...)

m and ms mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for sharing this! I made chicken thighs in the crockpot but just used the broth for my guys. I didn't know about EZ Complete at that time. But mine arrived in the mail today after I saw this post and ordered it. Can't wait to try it! Is the pork made the same way? Just crockpot and add the EZ complete with some water?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for sharing this! I made chicken thighs in the crockpot but just used the broth for my guys. I didn't know about EZ Complete at that time. But mine arrived in the mail today after I saw this post and ordered it. Can't wait to try it! Is the pork made the same way? Just crockpot and add the EZ complete with some water?
Yes, you just cook the meat, let it cool, and add the EZcomplete. I use various types of pork chops, often mixed with chicken.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Add EZ after the meat has cooked and however much water you want (some cats like it more soupy than others). Remember it just use boneless meat only no organs, EZ has everything else in it already.

Last edited:

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Or, add the water that the chicken/pork/beef has been cooked in. You will need to cool-down the Ez liquid. Skim off the fat before adding to the mixture if weight is a concern.

And DO follow the transition tips even if your cats are use to being fed raw. Learned that the hard way....

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just got my order of EZcomplete and I can't wait to try it!  Planning to start by giving my cats some raw chicken breast pieces as "treats" with EZ complete sprinkled on.

I was figuring to use this with cooked grocery-bought meats and debating whether it's better to pressure cook or slow cook.  Would nutrients in the meat be better preserved with slow cooking due to the lower temperatures, or pressure cooking due to the shorter amount of time?   It would be nice if the meat were soft enough when done to pull apart with two forks.

This will be so great to have in the summer especially, when the kitchen gets hot during the day and I'm not crazy about leaving raw food out.  Thanks to the TCS members who came up with this.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your cats like it, sophie1! I just cook (roast with water) the meat in a 350-degree toaster oven but love Paiger8's thought about using a crock pot -- I think the lower the temperatures the better. (There's full cooking info on the Food Fur Life site, here.) I've found that of chicken breasts, chicken thighs, turkey thighs, and various pork chop cuts, chicken breasts pull/shred the best.

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Lisa!

It certainly is a good omen that the moment I pulled the bag out of the package, my cats came running up meowing and trying to nibble at the bag.  Sniff test passed!

Seems the vote is slow cooking on low.  The EZcomplete site doesn't mention pressure cooking.  Just had a thought - what about buying bone in meats, slow cooking, then pulling the bones out afterwards?  I'd have to subtract the weight of the bone for supplementing purposes, but it might be a nice way to get more variety, take advantage of cheaper cuts, and maybe some useful nutrients would get into the food, e.g. dissolved cartilage. 

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great that they liked the smell right away: ours were, shall we say, intrigued but definitely didn't want to eat the bag. And then when I put the food down they circled it several times before sidling up to it and, eventually, eating everything.

Since EZc is only for use with boneless meats, I definitely wouldn't try cooking meat with bones unless I checked first with Food Fur Life: I'd be concerned that stuff (minerals) from the bone would leach out into the cooking liquid (which you definitely want to save) and throw off the nutrient balance, if you know what I mean. That said, I've only used boneless meats so far but have thought that I might get some (cheap!) bone-in meats, cut off usable meat for the cats, and use the bones to make soup stock for humans.

I hope your cats like their food, please post when you try it out on them!

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks LisaHe about the bones - I hadn't thought of that.

I tried a sprinkle of EZcomplete on fresh raw chicken breast from a local butcher this morning, which are a big favorite.  One cat hesitated and walked away at first, then came back and demolished the meat in his usual enthusiastic way.  The other wouldn't touch the food.  He's the one who is not terribly food motivated and sometimes won't eat for a day at a time - so much for the hope of a quick success.  I'll try a bit less of a sprinkle tomorrow, but otherwise I think I'll cook up a small batch over the weekend and use the recommended slow introduction technique.

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The introduction is proceeding still, but it sure is taking a long time.  One of my cats keeps yowling at me like he's upset about what's in his bowl, but he is (thankfully) eating from it, along with the teaspoon of EZ complete treated food, which he hasn't really touched yet.  I paid a lot for the bag so I'll keep forging ahead, but I guess some cats just will never really be into it.

Currently at 2 tsp per bowl of food, will go to 3 tsp tomorrow...