Eye injury?

Allyskits

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
5D97AE2D-D533-4A86-ABD2-2B7DFE9A8E03.jpeg

hi, last night before I went to bed I noticed my cats eye was shut and tearing up, upon closer inspection I saw that her third eyelid was covering about half of her eye and appeared swollen. Since it was late I couldn’t take her to the vet right away and decided to wait until morning. But in the morning her eye looked much better, she was still squinting but her third eyelid was back to normal, so I decided the stress of a vet visit wasn’t necessary.
I decided to take a closer look at her eye this evening to see if I could determine a possible cause for this sudden seemingly random eye injury, and if you look at the picture you can just make out a somewhat large-ish spot on her eye, the edges of the spot just within the circle I drew and the surface seems bumpy. It looks like something scraped her cornea.
I just wanted to get some second opinion on what it is. Though I’m not super worried as she no longer seems bothered by it at all, she back to her happy playful self, and google research suggest that it should heal fully on its own. But just figured I would get a second opinion here :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you email the picture to your vet? Your vet would be able to determine if eye issue is minor or needs to be treated.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That would be my suggestion, as well, LTS3 LTS3 . While it may well heal on its own, I, personally, would not take a chance with a visible injury to my cat's eye. Too much resting on it.